Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details
Get extra R 120 off

A uniform sphere of weight w and radius 3m is being held by a string of lenght 2m attached to a frictionless wall.The tension in the string will be:

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

let the angel made by string with verticle is @

normal reaction is perpendicular to wall and weight

tension is making angle of 90+@ with normal reaction and 180-@ with weight

now applying sune rule

w/sin(90+@) = T/sin90 = N/sin(180-@)

now find cos@ in terms of L and R put put in eq 1

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on General Physics

a block of mass m is held against a rough vertical wall by pressing in with a finger if u is the coeffcieng of friction between block and wall and g is the acceleration due to gravity...
This time normal force = m*a f = u*ma or = u*mg that would be the only force would be left for balancing the forec applied by the finger to the block against the wall.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
a cricket ball is thrown at a speed of 28m/s in a direction 30*( 30 degrees) above the horizontal .Calculate its maximum height.
Here, velocity of projection, u = 28 m/s. Angle of projection, = 30 ০ . We have, maximum height attained by a projectile, So, the maximum height attained by the ball is 20 m. THANKS
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
It sould be, So, the maximum height attained by the cricket ball will be 10 . Sorry for mistake. THANKS
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
what is Law of Conservation of Linear Momentum.........?
dear tushan, The total momentum of an isolated system of interacting particles remains constant if there is no resultant external force acting on it.
SAI SARDAR 2 months ago
Conservation of linear momentum expresses the fact that a body or system of bodies in motion retains its total momentum, the product of mass and vector velocity, unless an external force is...
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
Final charge on 4 capacitor i.e. 2,4,6,8 uF in steady state ( assuming initially uncharged) Also the current through wire AB at steady state . Detailed Solution Please
For 2muF charge 2muC, for 4muF charge 8muC, for 6muF charge 6muC, for 8muF charge 16muC and current through AB in steady state is 0.5A
Archishman khasnovis one month ago
Is angular acceleration about any point on a rotating rigid body same? If so what is the value of it for a rod of length with a force of M*g acting on the centre and M*g/2 acting on one end...
net moment = I * a where a is the angular accln. Therefore, moment about centre = Mg*l/2 = Ml^2/12 * a Get the value of a Hence.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
You dint get my question.. Think about the first part of my question.. If the answer is yes then there is a confusion for me..
Guru Prasath 2 months ago
what will be the effect on time period if a dipole is hanged from a rigid horizontal pole.and -q charge is on the free end and +q charge is at the point of suspension.
The effect is i dont know
aishwarya meti one year ago
I dont know the effect correctly I think it will increase the time period all the best for your bright future
Prabhakar ch 7 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details

Get extra R 120 off

More Questions On General Physics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts