Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details
Get extra R 150 off

A string of length 'L' and mass 'M' is lyin on a horizontal table. a force'F' is applied at one of its ends. tension in the string at a distance x from which force is applied is.....................

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Nagarjun,

F = Ma

and T = (xM/L)a  at distance x

so, T = xF/L

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Anil Pannikar

IIT Bombay

6 years ago
										mass of string =M length of string=L.

T=ma where m is mass of L-x distance of string from other end

T=M/l *L-x *a

put a=F/M and get your ans
6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on General Physics

Let A be the area swept out by the line joining the earth and the sun during FEB1997.the area swept out by the line during a typical week in Feb 1997 is
From Kepler’s second law, equal radius area sweeped would be equal to radius area sweeped in equal interval of time. Thus, there were 4 weeks in the month of FEB 1997. the area swept out by ...
2017 years ago
In which type of circuits batteries or the resistances get short circuited
It depends the method U use. Like for thevenin and nortons problem we usually do this thing. for finding net resistance we short circuit the battery and open the current source.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
what is latent heat?what is the latent specific heat of fusion and latent specific of vapourization?
There is a differnce in latent heat of fusion and vaporization. U need to know this. Latent heat of vaporization means the energy that is being required to convert the liquid to gaseous...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
if i fire a bullet in space it will move forever (assuming it won't hit any celestial object and doesn't get caught by any aliens). But will it accelerate forever and reach 0.99c or will it ...
I think it won’t acclerate. It will move at velocity at which it was fired because for accl n u need constant force but after firing bullet will experience no (net) force hence no accl n...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
Nothing which has measurable mass goes faster than light . Even gases observed orbiting the blackhole rarely reach .90c . Now to the question there is no force acting on the bullet after it ...
Manas Shukla one month ago
An electric field is given E=a(xi+yj)/(x^2+y^2) where i and j are the unit vectors and a is a constant .A sphere with radius R is placed with its centre at the origin of the coordinate...
Flux = Integeration of (E.ds) where ds = area with unit vector that is => (xi + yj + zk)/root(x^2 + y^2 +z^2) flux = a(xi+yj)/(x^2+y^2) * (xi + yj + zk)/root(x^2 + y^2 +z^2) * ds = a(x^2 +...
Vikas TU 13 days ago
Sir I want to know which monthly magazine are best for jee mains aspirants
@ afzal there are many magazines by mtg and arihant and all of them are actually usefull to the aspirants . i am naming some of the magazines that i referred for my prep . 1- SPECTRUM...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On General Physics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts