So I was reading an article late one night, and the writer tried to sound smart and mentioned how water "retains a memory" and if you splashed a few drops of water on your hand, the water would follow the same path, like how if you throw water on a window, the water will always "trace" the same path. He called it the "something" effect, and I can't remember what it was called, any suitably super smart scientists here to solve this dilemma of mine?

So I was reading an article late one night, and the writer tried to sound smart and mentioned how water "retains a memory" and if you splashed a few drops of water on your hand, the water would follow the same path, like how if you throw water on a window, the water will always "trace" the same path. He called it the "something" effect, and I can't remember what it was called, any suitably super smart scientists here to solve this dilemma of mine?

Grade:12

1 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear nitin,

If I were to drip drops of water on the same spot of a slanted peice of glass the water would tend to roll down in similar ways. This is because the first drop(s) will leave a traced out path of shallow water that the other water drops will tend to follow like little roads.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

sagarsingh24.iitd@gmail.com

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free