There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details
Get extra R 150 off

Assertion reason type

A: Dispersion of light occurs because velocity of light in a material depends upon its colour

R:Dispersive power depends only upon material of prism not upon its refracting angle

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student.

Assertion is wrong but Reason is correct..

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on General Physics

EXPERTS PLZ HELP ME Is the moment of inertia of disc and ring are (mr 2 )/2 and mr 2 respectively?? and if yes how can the moment of inetial of ring greater than that of disc ??
Yes, its true. The moment of inertia of a disc and a ring about an axis perpendicular to their plane are and resspectively. Here you have to notice in both the cases we are taking the mass...
Shaswata Biswas 26 days ago
See the moment of inertia is proportional to r 2, for same mass ,as the mass is concentrated more farther from the ring it will have greater moment of inertia.
Piyush Behera 6 days ago
A body of mass 100g is moving with a velocity of 10m/s along the positive x-direction. At time t=0, when the body is at x=0, a constant force of 0.8N acting along the negative x-direction...
We get retardation here, a = – 0.8/0.1 = 8 m/s^2. final velocity at t=5s, v = 10i -8i * 5 = 10i – 40i = -30i Now at t=3 apply 2 nd law of eqn. and get the value of x.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
What is modulation index and what are the equations for finding it?
Modulation index ( μ) is the ratio of amplitude of message signal (A m ) to that of the carrier wave (A c ) that is, μ = A m /A c = ((A max -A min )/2)/((A max +A min )/2) = (A max -A min...
Adarsh 2 months ago
modulation index is defined as the ratio of the peak voltages maximum to minimum or ratio of higher voltage to lower voltage for any concerned signal taken such as voice signal sound signal ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
A small sphere if mass 200 gm is attached to an inextensible string of lenth 130cm whose upper end is fixed to tha ceiling.the sphere is made to describe a horizontal circle of radius...
Centripetal force acting on the horizontal circle is Tcos♧ where ♧ is angle between string and radius of circle.Its Time period is 2π root(l/g) l=130cm=1.3mg=10m/s2T=2π root (1.3/10) = 2.65s
Gundeep Singh 12 days ago
Please explain how at a surface of a charged conductor electrostatic field must be normal to the surface at every point
in electrostatic condition , 1- the field inside the conducter is 0 . 2- the field just outside the surface will be just normal to the surface , this is beacuse the surface of the conducter ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Above Qn) is from fluid mechanics.Plz help out to solve me....actually the concept behind this Q is unknown to me.....
We see that the water divides the candle into 2 equal halves. So total mass of candle = mass of water displaced So clearly density of candle is half of water. Since that is the case , water ...
Manas Shukla 2 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On General Physics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts