There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

why we use red light is used in traffic signals?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

The reason is that it has a greater wavelength.

Due to its longer wavelength does not get scattered by the particles in the atmosphere n hence reaches our eyes more distinctly than the other colors minus much scattering. Green gets scatterd more red but less than blue, which r d basic colours. Hence, red is used for stop n danger while green if for go.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on General Knowledge

sir, what will be the expected date of jee 2010. Is it changed from 2nd sunday of april to day before 2nd sunday i.e. saturday
no such information is given by any iit. probably date of exam will be 11 of april. date will be confermed when the forms are out.
AskiitiansExpert Milanshu 7 years ago
no, there is not any information like this.
nishank gupta 7 years ago
who was the first to find out about the satyam scam?
The financial fraud at Satyam Computer Services running into more than Rs 7,000 crore has surprised and shocked many. Please read these articles :...
Ramesh V 6 years ago
what is dot and cross products in real time?
Dear preetha Appplication of dot product in real life is to find the work done W =F.d here W F and d are vectors and application of cross product is in finding of torque T= r X F here T ,r...
Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
Sir I got 9975 in iit, and have filled nearly each and every branch which was offering btech and mtech degrees ... Will I be able to get any seat in iit till the 6th round ?(I belong to the ...
Its quite difficult for you , but as the no. of IIT’s have increased there can be a probability that You may get a seat but not a good branch.
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
In RGIPT, i was just getting through the opening and closing ranks , For general category closing rank upto 10200 goes but again the branch will matter which you won’t get a good one....
good decision
I am a student at Fiitjee and I am to give my jee exam in 2018. I started my preperation for that can you please help me in preparing an affective study plan/time table.
@ aditya u have now ample of time for the preparation of jee , and start building your concept from now , donot get stuck in between and in case u are facing any kind of problem in study...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
can u suggest any enggineering entrance exams that r conducted after ur 12+ except iit-jee?
Dear Dheeru Joint Entrance Examination ( JEE ) Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Odisha Joint Entrance Examination .
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
hello deeraj, there are so many exams except iit jee,but read properly and write eamcet and qualify in may read news papers daily to know about competitiveexams.
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
hallo dheeraj ray.......ninnu vesastara...enni sarlu adugutavura ee quetion ni knife padhunuga ledhu,ledhante ninnu class lo ne vesasta.
raj 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On General Knowledge

Ask Experts