Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

who elects the president of India?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The President is elected by the members of an electoral college consisting of the elected members of both the Houses of Parliament

and the elected members of the Legislative Assemblies of States and the Union Territories of Delhi and Pondicherry.

manner of election of President :

According to Article 55 of the Constitution, as for as practicable, there has to be uniformity in the scale of representation of the different states at the election of the President. For the purpose of securing such uniformity among the States inner as well as party between the States as a whole and the union the number of votes which each State is entitles to cast is determined as follows:-

(a)  every elected member of the legislative assembly of a State shall have as many votes as there are multiples of one thousand in the quotient obtained by dividing the population of the state by the total number of elected members of the Assembly;

(b)  If after taking the said multiples of one thousand, the remainder is not less than five hundred, then the vote of each member shall be further increased by one;

(c)  each elected member of either House of Parliament shall have such number of votes as may be obtained by dividing the total number of votes assigned to the members of the State Legislation Assemblies by the total number of elected members of both the House of Parliament fractions exceeding one-half being counted as one and & other fractions being disregarded.

The election of the President shall be held in accordance with the system of proportional representation by means of the single transferable vote and the voting shall be by secret ballot.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Tell me where is the oldest monarchy in the world??
The world's oldest monarchy, officially founded in 660 B.C
Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago
The oldest monarchy in the world is in JAPAN
Name the indian city which was declared as the world book capital for the year 2003-04????
Delhi has been chosen as the World Book Capital for 2003-04 by the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) in association with the International Publishers...
Who is highest wicket taker bowler in test and one day cricket??
Muttiah Muralitharan 502+ wickets in one-day Cricket 769+ wickets in Test Cricket
Sachin Tyagi 6 years ago
How is the book New Pattern Physics: A Master Practice Book for JEE Main and Advcanced by D.C. Pandey for getting 280+ in Main and getting 370+ in bitsat... I am in class 12 and currently...
@ AMAN i am glad that u asked this query.. actually ncert construct the base of every entrance exams, and as supplements books are always nessasary to crack the exams like iitjee.....
Umakant biswal 7 days ago
as you are concerned with jee mains and bitsat only, any good objective book with lot of questions will do, as per your querry yes that one (mains part) is enough but i recommend that you...
sourav nayak 4 days ago
sir,I got 34000 crl rank and 8000 in obc so cen I get cse seat in top nits .... and also is crl or obc rank considered.... or crl is jst more for obc and obc is just a nominal to know .......
You can get NITs Have a look at the following
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
sir, ididnt understand the list which brach cut off r these... pls jst tell me the top clg i get cse brach pls sir...
Maneesh Danthala 4 months ago
STRESSFULL SITUATION !!!! I am in 12 th and current studying for IIT-JEE 2016, i always try my best to clear my doubts in my coaching institute, i try to study as long as i can , but the...
I totally understand. 12 th std is extremely stressful because the student has to manage both entrance and boards. Firstly, i’d ask you to not panic so much, it’s okay to not have friends,...
Neeti 3 months ago
You are most welcome :) you can always ask us when you need help, with doubts or even when you need a little motivation :)
Neeti 3 months ago
Thank you for the advice :)....
Sarang Patil 3 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On General Knowledge

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details