DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

who elects the president of India?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The President is elected by the members of an electoral college consisting of the elected members of both the Houses of Parliament

and the elected members of the Legislative Assemblies of States and the Union Territories of Delhi and Pondicherry.

manner of election of President :

According to Article 55 of the Constitution, as for as practicable, there has to be uniformity in the scale of representation of the different states at the election of the President. For the purpose of securing such uniformity among the States inner as well as party between the States as a whole and the union the number of votes which each State is entitles to cast is determined as follows:-

(a)  every elected member of the legislative assembly of a State shall have as many votes as there are multiples of one thousand in the quotient obtained by dividing the population of the state by the total number of elected members of the Assembly;

(b)  If after taking the said multiples of one thousand, the remainder is not less than five hundred, then the vote of each member shall be further increased by one;

(c)  each elected member of either House of Parliament shall have such number of votes as may be obtained by dividing the total number of votes assigned to the members of the State Legislation Assemblies by the total number of elected members of both the House of Parliament fractions exceeding one-half being counted as one and & other fractions being disregarded.

The election of the President shall be held in accordance with the system of proportional representation by means of the single transferable vote and the voting shall be by secret ballot.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On General Knowledge

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Where is the World Highest Battlefield?????????

Siachen is the world's highest battlefield!!!!! Siachen is high up in the Karakoram Range, (actually between Saltoro Ridge and Karakoram Range), which stretches across Ladakh and...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago
nit kuruhshetra or ismu dhanbad which one is bettr?

Hi Nitesh, ISMU Dhanbad is always better than NIT kurukshetra..

askiitian.expert- chandra sekhar 5 years ago
A difference of 1 degree in longtitude at the Equator is equaivalent to nearly??

Answer is 111 kilometer

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago
do we have to take pmt coaching classess as well as 11 12 coaching classes together?

Hi.. For this question, I ll simply say it actually depends on coaching you are gonna join for the preparation..Generally the coachings are provided for both the class 11 and 12 preparation...
  img
Sakshi 5 days ago
Are the stars same size and color?

Huge stars when they die usually explode in whats called a super nova spreading there gas and dust to from new stars and planets. Huge stars do not tend to live as long. Average size stars...

vikas yadav 3 months ago

Star can range in size from 12 miles in Diameter (neutron stars) to the point where if they took the place of the sun, it would engulf the inner planets, (Betelgeuse) and quite possibly...

vikas yadav 3 months ago
which iit foundation series i should refer in class 11

Dear student, IIT foundation series is for class VIII, IX, and X Thanks,
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago

I’d suggest Fitjee, it is very well edited and have good questions. it took it, it was good. hit approve if useful.

shubham sharda 2 months ago

Fiitjee or narayana .. Hit approve if u got even a little help by my answer :) Thanks .

Drake 2 months ago

according to me allen kota is the best

-7 minutes ago
View all Questions »