sir, my child had completed CBSE 10 th in maharashtra, and now studying her 12 th class in karnataka PU board. Is she eligible to give MH-CET (if exists) in 2016 ,also getting a good score in JEE is sufficient to get an admission in engineering anywhere in india?

sir,
my child had  completed CBSE 10th in maharashtra, and now studying  her 12th class in karnataka PU board. Is she eligible to give MH-CET (if exists) in 2016 ,also getting a good score in JEE is sufficient to get an admission in engineering anywhere in india?

Grade:11

3 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
8 years ago
Getting a good score in JEE will tend to a good engineering college, but
During seat allocation, state reservation is being followed, 50 % for home state student rest for other states.
The qualification of comptetive exam is class 12th, and She passed her exam from Karnatka, so she would be eligible for Karnatka home state reservation.
And second thing, During form filling, if you choose the option of particular state as your domicile state, and you process a proof of DOMICILE CERTIFICATE, then and only then you would be bonafide of that state....
Devik Aggarwal
34 Points
8 years ago
Hello Sir, Yes getting good score in BOards and JEE can definitely help you get a seat in a good engineering college. However, I would like to inform you about UPESEAT exam, it is an entrance exam conducted by UPES-Dehradun the only core sector university in India. 

The eligibility criteria for UPES for admission in Btech courses is as follows- \
Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th& 12th) and Minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th).

For B. Tech. Energy Technology + LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) & B. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering + LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Cyber Laws. Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th& 12th) and Minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th).

For more information, you can visit their website or their facebook page. 
rajee
18 Points
8 years ago
thankyou sir

so if i select hometown as maharashtra and produce domicile certificate, then she is eligible to get an admission in any engg. college in maharashtra .isn’t?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free