Sir, I have heard that the IIT JEE has merged the JEE MAIN and JEE ADVANCED into a single examination for joint counselling. So for instance if I get placement in IIT but not into my desired branch can I shift into NIT or any other institution. And can you please give me some information about the new exam pattern. Will it be purely JEE ADVANCED or a mix of JEE MAIN and ADVANCED?

Sir,
I have heard that the IIT JEE has merged the JEE MAIN and JEE ADVANCED into a single examination for joint counselling.

So for instance if I get placement in IIT but not into my desired branch can I shift into NIT or any other institution.

And can you please give me some information about the new exam pattern. Will it be purely JEE ADVANCED or a mix of JEE MAIN and ADVANCED? 

Grade:12

1 Answers

Amit Shekhar IIT Kharagpur
askIITians Faculty 25 Points
9 years ago
JEE Main 2015 Paper Pattern

JEE Main 2015 exam will comprise of two patterns – Paper 1 and Paper 2.

Paper I –Physics Chemistry and Mathematics. This paper is conducted in both online and offline modes i.e. both pen & paper and computer based.

Paper II –Mathematics, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test. This paper is conducted only in offline mode i.e. pen and paper based exam.

JEE Main 2015 – Duration and Language

JEE Mains will be of 3 hours duration. Students can opt forHindi or English languageto write the test. Candidates from Gujarat can opt forGujarati language.

JEE Main 2015 Exam Pattern – Paper I

1. Computer Based Exam (Online) –

Assistance centers for the final exam will be operational at least a month before the exam (probably March 2015) to help students who wish to familiarize themselves with the paper pattern.
The online exam Paper I will comprise of PCM questions with equal weightage to all three subjects.
The questions will be subjective. Students need to tick one answer for every question with four options.
Each question will carry 4 marks.
For every wrong answer, -1 mark will be deducted and for every correct answer students will be awarded +4 marks.
Zero (0) marks will be deducted for no answer.

TheJEE Main 2015 Computer Based Examwill be held tentatively insecond week of April. The exact dates are yet to be announced by CBSE.

2. Pen & Paper Based Exam

The offline test will be of 3 hours duration.
30 questions from each subject viz. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) will be asked in JEE Main 2015, which makes the total of 90 questions.
This paper will carry multiple choice questions, with one correct answer from a choice of four options for every question in the paper.
Each question will carry 4 marks.
For every wrong answer, -1 mark will be deducted and for every correct answer students will be awarded +4 marks.
Zero (0) marks will be deducted for no answer.

JEE Main 2015 Exam Pattern – Paper II

The paper II of JEE Main Exam is conducted for admission the Architecture/Planning Courses. This paper will consist of objective type questions. The Paper II comprises of three parts:

Part I – Mathematics
Part II – Aptitude Test
Part III – Drawing Test

The date and timings of this exam is yet to be announced by CBSE.

JEE Advanced 2015 Paper Pattern

Candidates must specify their choice of question paper language at the time ofJEE Advanced 2015 Online Registration. The question papers will be printed separately in English and Hindi language. Check outJEE Advanced 2015 Paper Patternbelow:

Total Exam Duration –two papers of 3 hours duration
Question Paper Sections –Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
JEE Advanced 2015 Exam Schedule –

Paper 1: 09:00 to 12:00 hrs (IST)
Paper 2: 14:00 to 17:00 hrs (IST)

JEE Advanced 2015 Eligibility Criteria

Only those candidates who will qualify JEE Main 2015 will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2015 exam.
Students who appeared for the qualifying examination in 2013 or earlier areNOT eligible for JEE Advanced 2015.
Students who appeared for IIT JEE 2013 or earlier areNOT eligible for JEE Advanced 2015 test.
A maximum oftwo (2) attemptsare allowed intwo consecutive years.
Age limit –GE and OBC category students must have been born on or afterOctober 1, 1989. SC, ST and PwD category candidates must have been born on or afterOctober 01, 1984.

JEE Advanced 2015 Important Dates[JEE Advanced 2015 Important Dates]JEE Advanced 2015 Important Dates

Online Registration for JEE Advanced willcommence in May 2015.
JEE Main 2015 results will be declared byMay 2nd2015 (tentatively).
JEE Advanced 2014 Exam will be conducted on24thMay 2014, Sunday.
Download and printJEE Advanced 2015Admit Cardfrom May 10 to May 24, 2015.
JEE Advanced 2015 Brochure will be available fordownload in October 2014.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free