Sir I am a student of Delhi and I prefer that you will look into my complete situation. I am getting a very good rank in JEE Mains, but am not getting into IIT. Now I would only like to do CSE and i am getting it in NIT-Warangal and NIT – Surathkal and NIT – Kurukshetra. (Not in DTU or NIT-Delhi) (It’s complicated). I plan to go for MS outside India and probably in research. Now looking at the facilities offered in Delhi such as coaching for GATE, GRE and would also like to give an attempt at CAT. This gives Kurukshetra a locational advantage. However looking at Warangal and Suratkal and their brand value it is not easy to come to a conclusion. Any suggestions, is it worth it to go to Warangal. Please if you have any suggestions....

Sir I am a student of Delhi and I prefer that you will look into my complete situation.  I am getting a very good rank in JEE Mains, but am not getting into IIT.  Now I would only like to do CSE and i am getting it in NIT-Warangal and NIT – Surathkal and NIT – Kurukshetra.  (Not in DTU or NIT-Delhi) (It’s complicated).  I plan to go for MS outside India and probably in research.  Now looking at the facilities offered in Delhi such as coaching for GATE, GRE and would also like to give an attempt at CAT.  This gives Kurukshetra a locational advantage.   However looking at Warangal and Suratkal and their brand value it is not easy to come to a conclusion.  Any suggestions, is it worth it to go to Warangal.  Please if you have any suggestions....

Grade:12

9 Answers

Nishant Vora IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2467 Points
8 years ago
If you want to go for MS outside india.. you will have to give GRE.
GRE/ CAT are two simple exams which i think you can do by self preparation also. No coaching required. For GATE you may require a coaching if the faculty is not that good, but still if you go to warangal i dnt think faculties will be bad. So warangal will be the best choice
Nishant Vora IIT Patna
8 years ago
If you want to go for MS outside india.. you will have to give GRE.
GRE/ CAT are two simple exams which i think you can do by self preparation also. No coaching required. For GATE you may require a coaching if the faculty is not that good, but still if you go to warangal i dnt think faculties will be bad. So warangal will be the best choice
Parth Goswami
18 Points
8 years ago
Sir would Distance play any factor?  Would it be easy for a North Indian to settle in there and how hard will it be to score a CGPA as basically i am entering through quota so basically I need a CGPA for my college profile.... 
Nishant Vora IIT Patna
8 years ago
Hi,
Distance obviously has a role. Also location matters. If you take a college in delhi nearly 80% of the companies come for recruitment in delhi which might be less in south. But give that your focus is on higher studies, I will assume that you are not interested in taking a Job after your btech but you will go for MS or Mtech.
For MS, you need to build a very good profile in your btech also brand has its weigtage when you go abroad. You might find get involved in some very good reseach work while you are in warangal or suratkhal or may be one of your professor refers you to his freind who is teaching in some good university abroad. All this is not possible in lower level colleges. your btech project will have good role to develop ur profile, and if you are in good college obviously environment will be challanging and you will get good ideas for projects. There are many factor, take your decision wisely because the decision you take today is going to change your life after 4 years.

Thanks
Parth Goswami
18 Points
8 years ago
But will not that be the case in NIT Kurukshetra also, I will be in a NIT gives the same BRAND VALUE...?
Nishant Vora IIT Patna
8 years ago
Ya but exposure to projects will be less and acads will also not be that good. Warangle has a place which is higher that even some IITs.
Parth Goswami
18 Points
8 years ago
Thank You sir...
sajid
615 Points
8 years ago
for gre/cat self preparation is alsa be taken
but for gate exam you will be needing coaching
so i would suggest you to go to warangal nit
Prajwal Kavad
603 Points
8 years ago
dont the distance , only when go far you can get lots of explosure and experience, so go for warangal

plz approve

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free