i have messed my mains and adv. with around 39K rank in mains and 17K rank in adv. ,should i take a drop or is it better to take admission in any normal college.......

i have messed my mains and adv. with around 39K rank in mains and 17K rank in adv. ,should i take a drop or is it better to take admission in any normal college.......

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
7 years ago
First of all, very congrats for the score you did.
Second, weather taking drop or not, all this depend on your ability and goal...
With the rank of 17000, its very rare to get into IIT...but you may opt for other option like, IIEST, IISER or TS Chankya, MERI Kolkata....first try for these college and then for JEE Main counselling.
If in JEE Main, you get NIT, go for the college with a suitable branch...otherwise TAKE a DROP and prepare hard for IITJEE only...
Good Luck......
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
To best of my knowledge and experience, there is no such need to drop a year and prepare and to re-take admission, rather there are plenty of highly reputed institutions which have earned a very good image for their quality education and best ever placements, you may consider any one out of these – Axis Institute of Technology and management,Kanpur,...........................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,....................BITS, Pilani,..................BHU,Varanasi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free