i have got 284 in bits 2014 and the first round cutoff is 299 while waiting list cutoff is 272 and i have been placed in the waiting list.there ia a need to send 20% of the semester fee to be in the waiting list before the result of second round which will not be refunded if i get any of the course... i have filled the choices in the order pilani campus then hyderabad campus and lastly goa campus. but i dont wish to go to goa.. so do you think i should send the fee and i will surely not get goa?? please reply fast i have a deadline to submit the fees

i have got 284 in bits 2014 and the first round cutoff is 299 while waiting list cutoff is 272 and i have been placed in the waiting list.there ia a need to send 20% of the semester fee to be in the waiting list before the result of second round which will not be refunded if i get any of the course... i have filled the choices in the order pilani campus then hyderabad campus and lastly goa campus. but i dont wish to go to goa.. so do you think i should send the fee and i will surely not get goa??
please reply fast i have  a deadline to submit the fees

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 232 Points
9 years ago
Going by the previous year cutoff for various branches in these three different BITS campus and also taking into the consideration this year’s1stround cutoff (admission and waiting list), one can see that there had been a rise from previous year’s cutoffs.
For example,1stround-281 WL-266 (2013)
1stround-299 WL-272 (2014)
As you have mentioned earlier that you don’t want to go to Goa Campus and that you are in a fix about giving the fees.There is a very slim chances of getting a course inPilani, even if the luck favours out, the branch would be that ofBasic Sciences(Biology).In case ofHyderabad, you have a very slim chance of gettingChemical Engineering( 280 cutoff-2013)and you have a good chance of gettingManufacturing(277 cutoff-2013) or a Basic Sciences’ branchinHyderabad.If you are satisfied with these options and risks then you can pay the fees or else don’t.If you don’t want Basic Sciences, then Manufacturing and Chemical Engg are your options in Hyderabad.
I am also attaching the files corresponding to last year cutoff. Have a look and then make your decision considering the choices and the risks too.
229-1729_BITS Goa 2013 cutoff.JPG
229-652_BITS Hyderabad  2013 cutoff.JPG
229-896_BITS Pilani 2013 cutoff.JPG
Thanks &Regards
Aziz Alam
IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free