I GOT 198 CUT OFF IN TN BOARD EXAM FOR TNEA 2015 (M 200, P 196, C 196, CS 185). 118 MARKS IN JEE MAIN 2015. CAN I GET B.TECH CSE IN NIT TRICHY ? CAN I GET B.E CSE IN ANNA UNIV CEG CAMPUS? WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN B.E, AND B.TECH?

I GOT 198 CUT OFF IN TN BOARD EXAM FOR TNEA 2015 (M 200, P 196, C 196, CS 185). 118 MARKS IN JEE MAIN 2015. CAN I GET B.TECH CSE IN NIT TRICHY ? CAN I GET B.E CSE IN ANNA UNIV CEG CAMPUS? WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN B.E, AND B.TECH?

Grade:12

3 Answers

Nishant Vora IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2467 Points
8 years ago
Dear Student,

B.E is bachelor of engineering
Btech is bachelor of technogy
Both are almost same only the name is different. but generally
BE < Btech
CS is difficult to get but still submit your choice in counselling than only you will come to know

Thanks

tiny
26 Points
8 years ago
The cut off for B.E Cse in anna University is like this
OC 200, BC 199.75, MBC 199.25,SC 196,BCM 199.50,SCA194.33,ST 186.25..
It depends on the category in which you belong,
B.E means bachelor of engineering
B-tech means Bachelor of technology.

Right after independence of India we have two types of universities, one that offers degrees in many fields like Sciences, Arts, Education and Engineering too, and the second set of universities (were named as institutes) offer only degrees in engineering. Universities those offer other degrees along with engineering named their engineering degree as BE (Bachelor of Engineering) and Institute constituted for only Engineering studies named their degree as B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology).

Now as AICTE approve courses most of the courses are same and identical for BE and B.Tech. The universities those offering BE when started new courses named them to B.Tech too.

The above is the difference.

The universities which have top infrastructure,and provides you scholarship as you scored 118 in JEE are CBIT,SASTRA,LPU,Annamalai University.

These universities provide you excellent placement opportunites in MNC’s.

sajid
615 Points
8 years ago
Both are almost same only the name is different. but generallyBE

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free