I belongs to OBC category from Maharashtra state. My expected OBC Category rank is 7814 and AIR 51k...... I want to know the use of the category rank over AIR.... if i get any help of that for admission in any NIT (if possible) though it is in other state.

I belongs to OBC category from Maharashtra state. My expected OBC Category rank is 7814 and AIR 51k...... I want to know the use of the category rank over AIR.... if i get any help of that for admission in any NIT (if possible) though it is in other state. 

Grade:12

3 Answers

Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
The category rank is helpful to assess the seat allotment along total category wise seats but no relation with general wise seat allotment. For instance 500 category seats are available and your rank is 200 implies that after the allotment of 199 rank holding OBC student you’ll get the immediate remaining seat from your priority list.
abhinaipadachuru
255 Points
8 years ago
As your rank stands at 51K so its difficult to be selected in top NIT’s and you want in other state so you will come under non-local.7814 tells you how many members are there in only OBC category before you.So its better if you try to take admission in top Universities, So that they provide you good scholarship,Excellent placement opportunities,Top infrastructure,Enhancement in communication skills.
The Universities are
IIT, Kharagpur
IIT, Kanpur
Lovely Professional University(Punjab)
Bengal Engineering and Science University

sajid
615 Points
8 years ago
The category rank is helpful to assess the seat allotment along total category wise seats but no relation with general wise seat allotment. For instance 500 category seats are available and your rank is 200 implies that after the allotment of 199 rank holding OBC student you’ll get the immediate remaining seat from your priority list

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free