Q)There are two parallel plate capacitors infinitely away from each other.One plate of each is grounded but the other plates dont touch each other.How are they connected:Series/parallel/none? Fig. is something like this: | |-- (not connected) --| | (the outer plates are grounded) The answer says they are connect in SERIES WITHOUT CONNECTION and if the WIRES TOUCH THEY WILL BE IN PARALLEL. Doubt 1. How are they connected in “Series without connection”? (According to me there should be a contact between the wires but they are still not connected,though the ‘0’ potential plates are attached to each other,but I cant understand how can they be called ‘in series without connection’ as in series there is same charge across capacitors)

Q)There are two parallel plate capacitors infinitely away from each other.One plate of each is grounded but the other plates dont touch each other.How are they connected:Series/parallel/none?

Fig. is something like this:

|  |--      (not connected)        --|  |
(the outer plates are grounded)
The answer says they are connect in SERIES WITHOUT CONNECTION and if the WIRES TOUCH THEY WILL BE IN PARALLEL.

Doubt 1. How are they connected in “Series without connection”?
(According to me there should be a contact between the wires but they are still not connected,though the ‘0’ potential plates are attached to each other,but I cant understand how can they be called ‘in series without connection’ as in series there is same charge across capacitors)

Grade:12

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free