There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

An isolated conducting sphere whose radius R=1 metre  has charge q=1/ 9 nc ( 1 divide 9) . The energy density at the surface  of sphere is (in joule per metrecube)

(A) ε0/2               (B)ε0

(C)2ε0                (D)ε0/3

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

energy density is  given by 1/2 f silen not E^2  where E is the electric field at the surface.

E= q^2 /( 4 pief silen not r^2)

where r is the radius of the conductor

put values and obtain ans

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electrostatics

) Two particles, each of mass m and carrying charge Q, are separated by some distance.If they are in equilibrium under mutual gravitational and electrostatic forces,then Q/m (in C/Kg) is of...
Assuming the charges are aligned vertically one after another as gravity force is also acting upon them. Therfore, Balancing the elctrostatic force with mg force, KQ^2/r = 2mg Q^2/m = 2gr/K ...
Vikas TU 26 days ago
the transfarmer is worked on the priciple of --------------?
naveenkumar transformer is current device. and it works onthe principle of mutual induction of two coils. When current in the primary coil is changed the flux linked to the secondary coil...
Y MANJUNADH 9 months ago
It is a device which is use to convert high alternatic voltage to a low alternatic voltage and vice versa. transformer works on the principle of mutual induction of two coils. When current...
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
dear naveen kumar........ A transformer consists of two electrically isolated coils and operates on Faraday's principal of “mutual induction”..............................
mohan 9 months ago
How to remember derivations from electrostatics and what type of questions are generally asked from this lesson???
@ shreyas the derivation of electrostatics are usually based on assumption . as u need to know the correct position of charged particle and the coordinate system . steps of learning...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
a wheel of perimeter 4 Pi m is rolling on a horizontal surface. The displacement of the point of contact of wheel and ground when the wheel completes one quarter of revolution is
See , the perimeter of wheel is 4 pi meter. So, each rotaion the wheel makes, it goes a distance 4 pi meter. So, the quarter of a revolution makes the displacement = (4 pi / 4) meter = pi...
KAPIL MANDAL 2 months ago
i have passed cbse board with 88.2% , my jee main score is 119 , can i expect which college This link will help you predict your probable rank, on the basis of which you can get an estimate, if you can get any NITs....
Ankit 4 months ago
Which waves are used for line of sight communication?
Space waves are used for line of sight communication as well as for satellite communiction. Hope you understand my solution. Please approve only if my answer is correct.
Adarsh 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts