There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A drop of mercury has some charge.if it breaks up into a number of identical drops,then its electrostatics energy decreases.

my doubt is if it breaks in more drops then other than self energy of droplets there interaction energy is also added final energy should increase..

plz clarify if i m wrong

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

if interaction energy is considered, whether or not the total energy goes up, the interaction energy depends on the detailed spatial configuration of the droplets

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electrostatics

What will be dipole moment if -q,-q,2q charges are given?
Look, for dipole moment you require charge as well as distance and distance will matter upon the orientation or the arrangement how these charges are present. So question is invalid till...
Suraj Prasad 6 months ago
Since your question’s diagram is not available, the question can’t be solved. But as a knowledge complement, for being a Dipole, two charges of EQUAL and OPPOSITE Signs must exist. This is...
Arnav Prasad 6 months ago
Electrostatic field lines do not form closed loops. Give reason. [ 1 mark question ]
A force is said to be conservative if its work along a trajectory to go from a point Ato a point B is equal to the difference U(A)−U(B) where U is a function called potential energy....
Riddhish Bhalodia 8 months ago
Define electro static force
If the two charges have the same sign, the electrostatic force between them is repulsive; if they have different sign, the force between them is attractive. An electric field is a vector...
div one year ago
it is the force that originate when two charged particles are made in contact with each other and the resultant force is electrostatic force f=kq1q2/r*r
jatin garg one year ago
have also give u many questions but i didnt got a single answer .
Dear student, We could not answer the question due to high traffic on our website. We will answer soon Thanks for having patience
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
Three identical thin rods each of length L and mass M are joined together to form a letter H. The moment of inertia of the system about one of the outher sides of H is :-
Divide The Three rods Of H as: H =I 1 + -- 2 + I 3 . We Assume That The Moment Of Inertia Is About I 1 , Now, The Moment Of Inertia Of I 1 =0 By Applying Theorem Of Perpendicular Axes , The ...
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
Please get my these two questions solved. If a graph of acceleration versus position is given, then how to find the equation of position with respect to time
U dont need to draw any graph for those two questions. We can see the maximum height of the object is at 3.5 secs. Now we can see from given graph that we need to find h = h1 – h2 h1 =...
Manas Shukla 6 days ago
For second question Displacement will be = Thus X = = 22.36 km Let me know if u need any further help.
Manas Shukla 6 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts