There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 2,800 off

how can we make two like charges attract???? In this case is saying this a correct possibility that if the mass of charges is very high as compared to the magnitude of charges then gravitational force will over come electrostatic force and the 2 like charges will then attract??

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Consider two charged particles, one with a very high charge and the other with less charge, then due to induction, the opposite charges will accumulate on the edge of the less charged body,by the bigger one, and since this attraction force is very high, we can say that the bodies will attract each other.But be sure, that either one of the bodies should have high charge than the other.
7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electrostatics

What will be dipole moment if -q,-q,2q charges are given?
Look, for dipole moment you require charge as well as distance and distance will matter upon the orientation or the arrangement how these charges are present. So question is invalid till...
Suraj Prasad 6 months ago
Since your question’s diagram is not available, the question can’t be solved. But as a knowledge complement, for being a Dipole, two charges of EQUAL and OPPOSITE Signs must exist. This is...
Arnav Prasad 6 months ago
the transfarmer is worked on the priciple of --------------?
naveenkumar transformer is current device. and it works onthe principle of mutual induction of two coils. When current in the primary coil is changed the flux linked to the secondary coil...
Y MANJUNADH 9 months ago
It is a device which is use to convert high alternatic voltage to a low alternatic voltage and vice versa. transformer works on the principle of mutual induction of two coils. When current...
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
dear naveen kumar........ A transformer consists of two electrically isolated coils and operates on Faraday's principal of “mutual induction”..............................
mohan 9 months ago
sir how to use kirchoff law in case of capacitors plzz explain.... i tired to study it but i had problem in sign.....
The process for solving the capacitive network will be same as that of resistive newtork. The only different will be instead of resistance, we will have to write the impedance of the...
Vijay Mukati one year ago
for using kkirchoff’s law in case of capacitors, the first plate u encounter should be taken as positive plate and the charge on that plate should be taken into the equation.... suppose if...
chandravardhan singh one year ago
Question 57 HCV Chapter 35 if someone could explain please
first determine B of outer circle by using nU.i \ 2a tht is in direction horizontal to west n using same formula find B for small circle which is in dirn. downwards. B of both are 4pi x...
saayan mitra one year ago
plz approve
saayan mitra one year ago
In the figure (check attachement) the reading of the spring balance will be (take g=10m/s2): A) 60 kg f. B)5 kg f. C) 60 N. D) 60 kg f.
May I know what is the correct answer to this question. So as to help myself in studies.Hope You reply as soon as possible.
Mudit 2 months ago
Weight isin downward direction(mg).It can be resolved into two components mgcos30 and mg sin30. mgsin30 is down the inclined plane.The reading of spring balance =mgsin30 =10*0.5*g = 5kg f...
Mudit 2 months ago
Q.1 Potential difference between A and B and B and C in steady state ? Detailed Solution Please
Since the two capacitors are in parallel and also the two capacitors are in parallel, the circuit can be simplified by taking equivalent capacitance i.e, and respectively. Now in the steady ...
Raman Mishra one month ago
pd between A and B is 25V and pd between B and C is 75V because dc current gets blocked in rc circuit when circuit reaches steady state ie capacitors are fully charged in the given circuit...
Archishman khasnovis one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 2,600 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 2,800 off

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts