a point charge q is placed at the center of an uncharged conducting shell of inner radius R and outer radius 2R. if the point charge is removed from the centre of the shell, to infinity work done by electric force

one year ago

Answers : (1)

Because charge appearing on the inner surface will be -Q and since the charge was originally zero so charge on outside =+Q.

Thanks & Regards
Arun Kumar
IIT Delhi
Askiitians Faculty
3 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
why the electric field of a infinite wire is independent of the distance ‘r’? Don’t it violate Coulomb’s Law which states that Electrostatic force is inversely proportional to distance...

your ,question is wrong as E due to an infinite sized charged sheet not infinitely long wire is independent of distance.Moreover there is no sense of violation of coulomb’s law as E due to...

siddharth gupta 2 months ago

Thanks for ur answer. It is a good answer.I Really appreciate that.

Akash Asthana 2 months ago
Waht is the meaning of Molarity?

In chemistry, the molar concentration , c_i is defined as the amount of a constituent n_i (usually measured in moles – hence the name) divided by the volume of the mixture c_i=(n_i)(v)...

Naveen one year ago

concentration measured by the number of moles of solute per liter of solution Molarity the number of moles of solute present in the volume of the solution

sri one year ago
Two identical metallic spheres of exactly equal masses are taken. One is given a positive charge Q coulombs and the other an equal negative charge. Their masses after charging are different.

Hello Student, Please find the answer to your question The metallic sphere which gets negatively charged gains electrons and hence its mass increases. The metallic sphere which gets...
  img
Kevin Nash 3 months ago

Hello Student, I don’t think the mass of the sphere’s are gonna change a lot. I mean it can but they will be mass of e - giving 1C charge. Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech,...
  img
Arun Kumar 3 months ago
A block of mass m, attached to a spring of spring constant k, oscillates on a smooth horizontal table. The other end of the spring is fixed to a wall. If it has a speed v when the spring is...

Consider the block + the spring as the system. The external forces acting on the system are (a) the force of gravity, (b) the normal force by the table and © the force by the wall. None...
  img
Apoorva Arora 2 months ago
Does the black hole have a life span or it never dies? Please explain

A star is formed due to the fusion of hydrogen atoms and there exists a balance between the gravitational attractive force and the internal pressure developed inside the star. After...
  img
Vasantha Kumari 6 months ago

This is correct but that was not my question

Arpit Kumar 6 months ago
View all Questions »