Q.Fig. shows a charged q placed at the centre of a hemisphere.A second charge Q is placed at one of the positions A,B,C and D.In which position(s) of the second charged,the flux of the electric field through the hemisphere remains unchanged? (a)A (b)B (c)C (d)D Please explain the result.

Q.Fig. shows a charged q placed at the centre of a hemisphere.A second charge Q is placed at one of the positions A,B,C and D.In which position(s) of the second charged,the flux of the electric field through the hemisphere remains unchanged?

(a)A                                         

(b)B

(c)C

(d)D

Please explain the result.

Grade:

2 Answers

Ankit Thakur
18 Points
11 years ago

a & c are correct. reason-on flux there is no effect when from a closed surface incoming lines of forces have way to go out i.e outgoing lines of forces are present . In fig. when we draw lines of force from a & c they will intersect the curve at two points i.e. incoming & outgoing lines of forces are present i.e. no effect on flux ultimately. while when we draw line from b & d  they will intersect curve at one point i.e. incoming lines of forces are present but outgoing lines of forces are absent means tht affects flux. 

Abhishek Gupta
33 Points
10 years ago
Please explain in more detail. If possible pictorially

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free