There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

two identical balls each having a charge of 2×10-7  and a mass of 100g are suspended from a common point by two insulating strings each 50 cms long. The balls are held at a separation 5 cm apart and then released . find the 1]the electric force on one of the charged balls.2]the components of the resultant force on it along and perpendicular to the string.3]the tension in the string4]the acceleration of one of the balls. Answers are to be obtained only for the instant just after the release

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Find the angle  formed by the strings by using sine law (trigonometry) : a /sin a = b/sinb = c/sinc . a=5cm , b= c=50 cm , angle b = angle c

1. u can find the force on the ball by simply using the coulombs law f =kq1q2/r2 where r = 5cm .

2. now since u know the angles, find the resultants in the respective directions by taking components of the force in that direction

3. Draw force body diagram of the ball and balance the forces along the string because it is unstretchable, hence u can find the tension in the string at that instant

4. after that , calaculate acceleration perpendicular to the string by taking into account the components of tension , wt and eletrostatic force in that direction,.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electrostatics

64 identical drops of mercury are charged simultaneously to the same potential of 10 volt. assuming that the drops to be spherical, if all the charged drops are made to combine to form one...
64*(4/3 pi r^3) = (4/3 pi R^3) R = 4r Potential of bigger sphere, k64q/R => 16(kq/r) = >16*10 = 160 volt.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
sir how to use kirchoff law in case of capacitors plzz explain.... i tired to study it but i had problem in sign.....
The process for solving the capacitive network will be same as that of resistive newtork. The only different will be instead of resistance, we will have to write the impedance of the...
Vijay Mukati one year ago
for using kkirchoff’s law in case of capacitors, the first plate u encounter should be taken as positive plate and the charge on that plate should be taken into the equation.... suppose if...
chandravardhan singh one year ago
3 point charges lie along a straight line with positive charge at the centre and negetive at the ends all are ‘a’ distance apart from each other. The energy needed to exchange the position...
Let the charges be -q, +q and -q. Distance between two charges = a Energy of the system putting the values we get U initial = Final energy of the system, U final = Therefore, work required...
Raman Mishra one month ago
What do you mean by radial magnetic field and what are it`s area of applications
Radial magnetic field find its uses in number of devices.the galvanometer uses radial magnetic field to rotate its coil.such magnetic field is such that plane of the coil is always parallel ...
neena 9 months ago
How to derive Schrödinger wave equation with radial probabprobablity function and what are its solutions
Its derived with the help of total energy E = ½ mv^2 + V Then you assume a wave function psi as e^i(kx-wt) and double differentiate it to get the schrodinger wave eqn. You will find...
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
how does current changes with time in LR circuit across the inductor.
In a simple L-R circuit, If apply KVL we get, L*di/dt + iR = 0 integeratig both sides via variable separable method, we get, di/i = -R/Ldt integerate both sides now, log(i) = -(R/L)t i =...
Vikas TU 5 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts