• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 2,800 off

clearly explains what is potential differnce

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Ashish,

Potential difference is the difference in electric potential between two points in an electric field; the work that has to be done in transferring unit positive charge from one point to the other, measured in volts.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Vijay Luxmi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electrostatics

How should i prepare for the chapter Electrostatics Potential and Capacitance? Remembering all the things is becoming difficult for me. Please help me.
@ shreyas frst of all i would like to tell , this chapter is full of derivation , and u need only practice at least 3 times to a single derivation . and remember 1 more thing – cbse have...
Umakant biswal one month ago
I will recommend you to Study HC Verma for building concept and Solve more and more numericals for Arihant books and other good books.
Sagar Gupta one month ago
how do i solve this question
Try to convert the entire network into simpler across branch AB. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
how the coulomb's law formula is given, and why the formula is given in that way and not in other way
@ xavier when coulomb tested with two charges as expertimental material , then he found that , the force of attraction between these two charges , will be directly proportional to the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
This equation is derived by using friction force and normal if cos of angle of banking will be greater than sin of angle of bankig this formula will give imaginary speed what do this...
The Normal force derived with friction in banking terms is: N = mg/(costhetha – usinthetha) with thetha be wedge inclination angle. and the conditon should satisfy as: Fnet = Fcentriputal...
Vikas TU one month ago
Question is based on cross product. it is attached.
no the question is how do we know, for example calculate torque. F=2i+3j and r=4i. so is it F cross r or r cross F and how do we decide which is correct. According to the question they used ...
Naveen Shankar one month ago
while writing in vector form you will see it has FsSin@ (where @=theta angle). so while using i vector or j vector or k vector the whole sign changes so -that is the significance of writing ...
dipika kumari Sahoo one month ago
Torque is always r x F and never F x r . If the answer in your book is given for F x r then it is wrong. The example u gave torque should be -12k
Manas Shukla one month ago
Which colour gets relatively more dispersed? (Ray optics)
SAIMANIKANTA one year ago
Geometrical optics , or ray optics , describes light propagation in terms of rays . The ray in geometrical optics is an abstraction or instrument is useful in approximating the paths along...
KING 4 months ago
VIOLET is the colour gets relatively dispersed and it is a part in optics . Geometrical optics , or ray optics , describes light propagation in terms of rays . The ray in geometric optics...
SAI SANDY 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 2,600 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 2,800 off

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts