There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A large non conducting solid cylinder of radius 4 cm has non  uniform volume charge density p = Ar^2 with A = 2.5uC/m^5 . What is the magnitude of electric field at a radial distance of  

a) 3 cm

b) 5 cm axis of cylinder

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

i can just give you the hint

try this problem by gauss law but instead of writing Q directly you do volume integration and get the answer i got it as 10^-2

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electrostatics

Can someone help with Q16 that`s in the attachment. Thank you.
The correct answer for this question is 3C/4. For solving these types of questions, mark the capacitor plates having same voltages and then simplify the circuit diagram by connecting the...
Raman Mishra one month ago
@ ashmeet as in this circuit there are no battery or cell combination . so, this ques becomes easy. just redraw the circuit where 3 of them are in parallely connected . then applying the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
I think the answer will be option d because the first 3 capacitors are undoubtedly parallel but the next 2 capacitors are parallel and finally the first 3 next 2 and the last one are in...
Archishman khasnovis one month ago
What will be dipole moment if -q,-q,2q charges are given?
Look, for dipole moment you require charge as well as distance and distance will matter upon the orientation or the arrangement how these charges are present. So question is invalid till...
Suraj Prasad 6 months ago
Since your question’s diagram is not available, the question can’t be solved. But as a knowledge complement, for being a Dipole, two charges of EQUAL and OPPOSITE Signs must exist. This is...
Arnav Prasad 6 months ago
This is a parallel plate capacitor in which a dielectric is introduced of dielectric constant k so what u have to find is 1) electric field in the gap between the parallel plate capacitor...
@ rohit your questions are not clear also the image , kindly upload a clear image without that uc browser tagup . thats blocking the question as well as its figure . but , as per my...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
how to solve questions based on multiple capacitors connected to inductor
First understand the diagram, wheather it is a series or parallel ckt diagram. Find the eqv capacitance and then then find impedance of the circuit..
Saurabh Kumar one year ago
Define focal length?
A mirror which is a part of a sphere is called Sherical Mirror.
The focal length of the lens is the distance between the lens and the image sensor when the subject is in focus, usually stated in millimeters (e.g., 28 mm, 50 mm, or 100 mm). In the case...
pavan picheri 7 months ago
A mirror which is a part of a sphere is called Sherical Mirror.or Focal length (shown in red) is the distance between the center of a convex lens or a concave mirror and the focal point of...
siva prasad reddy 7 months ago
Joule's law says H ∝ I2RT ∴ , H∝ R But H∝ V2T/R t herefore , H∝ 1/R then how can we say that more the resistance of a substance more the heat it gives.
In case of H ∝ I2RT, when it depends on R i remains constant. And when H∝ V2T/R then Voltage remains constant. Both matters in their own consequences.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts