There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Electricity and Magnetism
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 1,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 400 off

A coil of wire is would on an iron core looped back on itself so that the core has two sets of closely wound identical
coaxial coils in series carrying currents in opposite direction, the self inductance of such a system is
(a) zero (b) very large (c) very small (d) difficult to determine

q2)  A coil of wire forming an inductor of inductance L is shetched to double its length, the inductance of the coil will
(a) change to L/4 (b) not change at all (c) change to L/2 (d) change to L/8

Q3)  A ac − circuit has L = 12.6 mH and C = 1.15 μF, the amount of resistance that should be inserted into the circuit in
series to reduce the resonant frequency by 0.01 is
(a) 2.96 W (b) 8.76 W (c) 29.6 W (d) 87.6 W

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

for 1st question answer is c.....this method is ususlly used in resistance boxes to reduce inductance

2)the inductance a coil of N turns and lenth l and of area of cross section A is given by

as the coil is streched its area of cross section changes but volume remains same.

so, to calculate the new inductance eliminating A is necessary as it is unknown that by which amount area is decrease  

L=mrmoN2A/l                     mr=relative permeability,mo=absolute permeability

L=kAl/l2                          k=mrmoN2=constant

L=kv/l2                           v=volume

when lenght is doubled

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electromagnetic Induction

Sir I want to know which monthly magazine are best for jee mains aspirants
@ afzal there are many magazines by mtg and arihant and all of them are actually usefull to the aspirants . i am naming some of the magazines that i referred for my prep . 1- SPECTRUM...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What is Faraday’s law explain it briefly????????????
Faraday’s law: A law stating that when the magnetic flux linking a circuit changes, an electromotive force is induced in the circuit proportional to the rate of change of the flux linkage.
two coils of self-inductance 2 mH and 8 mH are placed so close together that the effective flux in one coil is completely linked with the other, the mutual inductance between these coils...
The effective flux in one coil => Simple answer would be: M = root(L1L2) => root(2*8) = > root(16) = 4mH.
Vikas TU 18 days ago
According to gauss’s law for magnetism a magnetic monopole cannot exist as tghe no of field lines going out of the surface should be equal to the number of field line going into it.But...
As charge is quantized, according to Gauss’s law the net flux enclosed by a surface, the summation should be zero. which is the contradiction here as the flux lines are radial and hence...
Vikas TU 24 days ago
For aiims..should i prefer mechanical engineering book? By s chand(for physics)
S.Chand Physics book is fine for academics also even fine for preparation to some extent. prepare concepts clearly from it....
Santosh Datla 3 months ago
@ sakshi No, for aiims mechanical engg book is not required at all , i never practiced any mechanical or even any books from s chand , but still i am in. For aiims specially u require the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Write the second law of reflection?
The angle of incident is equal to angle reflection.
Gavvala Ganesh one year ago
First Law of Reflection : The incident ray, the reflected ray, and the normal all lie on the same plane. Second Law of Reflection : The angle of incidence is equal to the angle of...
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
Light is known to behave in a very predictable manner. If a ray of light could be observed approaching and reflecting off of a flat mirror, then the behavior of the ...
venky one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Electricity and Magnetism
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 1,600
  • View Details

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Electromagnetic Induction

Ask Experts