There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Electricity and Magnetism
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 1,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 400 off

if an electron is not deflected in passing through a certain space,can we be sure that there is no magnetic feild in that region?

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Aditya

Deflection depends on VXB.So if v and b are in same direction then electron will go undeflected even if there is magnetic field(B).

All the best.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

5 years ago

no we can not say that there is no magnetic feild....

take a example in which electron is passing through a region where, magnetic field and electric field exist ,both are perpendicular to each other as well as to velocity of particle...

v is the velocity of moving electron then

force due to  electric field is Fe = Eq

Force due to magnetic field is q(vBsin@) or qvB                      (sin90 =1)

if electron is not deflected then total force acting must be zero

that means if there is magnetic field then electron is not deviated but this condition 1 should be fulfilled....

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electromagnetic Induction

Does a solenoid have to be made of copper? If not then what other metals can be used?
@ aaryan its not nessasary that a solenoid have to be made up of copper , it can be made up of solid steel , soft iron etc , these two metals u can use to make solenoids . only the property ...
Umakant biswal 17 days ago
i am not understanding physics concepts so i want to take care about physics so u plzz sugguest mee
“This post has been due since long, as many students and parents have been requesting me to say something about the general ‘study’ strategy for building one’s career...
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
@ srinu I agree with your point that physics is a scaring subject , but if you will give good approach , absolutely u can be the best .. What u ahve to do is the following 1- FOLLOW...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Sir I want to know which monthly magazine are best for jee mains aspirants
@ afzal there are many magazines by mtg and arihant and all of them are actually usefull to the aspirants . i am naming some of the magazines that i referred for my prep . 1- SPECTRUM...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Explain me sign convection for mirrors,lens,and spherical surfaces in simple way...
Hi ! Sunkari, for all lenses , mirror and spherical mirror the distance on the principal axis are measure from the optical centre. The distance measure in the direction of incident rays are ...
nath 2 months ago
The sign convection always follows the graph sign. Type of lens u v f Height of the image (h I ) Height of the object (h O ) Real Virtual Real Virtual Real Virtual Convex - + - + No virtual ...
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
@ sunkari 1- all distance from principal axis are measured from optical enter . 2-the distance measure in the direction of incident ray are +ve and opp. to that are -ve 3- all distance...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
what is doppler effect?
Dear Manjunath The Doppler effect (or Doppler shift) is the change in frequency of a wave (or other periodic event) for an observer moving relative to its source. It is named after the...
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
Hello manjunath, Doppler effect means an increase (or decrease) in the frequency of sound, light, or other waves as the source and observer move towards (or away from) each other. The...
Gowri sankar 9 months ago
Doppler effect is an apparent change in the frequency of waves, as of sound or light, occurring when the source and observer are in motion relative to each other, with the frequency...
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
Sir, our coaching center does not have a good physics teacher. Attending his class is same as not attending. I am very scared for my physics. The exams are in less than a year. Please tell...
Dear student First of all try to understand basic physics in school.If possible buy pradeep’s physics though the chapters given in it are deeply explained (which is sometimes not...
Bhavya one month ago
@ DAOLAGUPU why do u think that attending the class donot have any any meaning ?? see, i donot think that the problems are with teacher , beacuse diffrent student have diffrent way of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Electricity and Magnetism
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 1,600
  • View Details

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Electromagnetic Induction

Ask Experts