There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Electricity and Magnetism
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 1,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 400 off

Question =1à an inductor is placed across an AC battery after some time it is removed from circuit is energy half L I square is still stored in in it please tell me it briefly.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear vikash,

There is no energy lost in an inductor, because energy is alternately stored in the magnetic field and then given back to the circuit. An inductor is simply a coil of wire (often wrapped around a piece of ferromagnet).

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electromagnetic Induction

Sir i got 123 marks in jee mains 2016.l got 89% in mp board i belongs to an obc category can i get any branch in manit.
Not surely but if u r in obc category then i think there are some possibilities. U can get MANIT. through OBC quota. But cant say a good branch. It varies.
Vikas TU 4 months ago
how does current changes with time in LR circuit across the inductor.
In a simple L-R circuit, If apply KVL we get, L*di/dt + iR = 0 integeratig both sides via variable separable method, we get, di/i = -R/Ldt integerate both sides now, log(i) = -(R/L)t i =...
Vikas TU 5 months ago
Can thevenin theorem be used in LR and LCR circuits?
Yes thevenin’s theorm is a general way to simplify all kinds of impedence circuits, so you can use them to analyse the behaviour of LR and LCR circuits as well
Riddhish Bhalodia 9 months ago
i want any book on electronics iam interested please provide it to me sir
@ kalyan what u want to study from that book . in case u are in class 12 th and want to study semiconducter then go for resnick halliday . its the best book for electronics upto class 12 th ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
if you want to study analog circuits and devices, I would suggest you to study the book written by sedra and smith it will help you to help you to build your foundation. If you want to...
HIMANSHU SAXENA one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Electricity and Magnetism
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 1,600
  • View Details

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Electromagnetic Induction

Ask Experts