There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Electricity and Magnetism
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 1,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 400 off

A transformer is designed to convert an AC voltage of 220 V to an AC voltage of 12 V. If the input terminals are connected to a DC voltage of 220 V, the transformer usually burns. Explain.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Becuase the average value of ac is zero, and dc is 220V. the flux increases to very high levels thats the reason behind the buring of the transformer.
sher mohammad
faculty askiitians, iit delhi
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electromagnetic Induction

Hi Friends, Do you all know that askiitians has launched self study courses at negligible price along with discount of 30% so that we students can get help in our studies. These lectures...
Hi, Ya thanks for sharing. We appreciate your efforts! Thanks once again!
Nishant Vora one year ago
These self-study packages are actually free to the enrolled students!! The test papers and video solutions given are brilliant and super helpful :D
Kalyani Jayachandran Menon one year ago
We know that positive charges dont move then There should be no activity on keeping 2 positive charges together ? polarisation/induction should not take place
It all depends on the magnitude of the 2 charges , i.e, if one of the 2 charges is less positive than the other , then the first particle having less +ve chare will have more no. of...
Ashish Ranjan 5 months ago
when and where? magnet was discovered ?? ,by whom???
It was discovered by MAGNES a shepherd about 4000 years ago. It was discoverd from mineral called magnetite .PLZ APROVE
Nikhil Upadhyay 7 months ago
hello, magnet was discovered by magnes about 3500 years ago.that was discovered from mineral called magnetite.
raj 6 months ago
Given a vector A = 2i + 3j and a vector B = i + j.The component of the vector A along B is(a) 1/(2)½ (i + j) (b) 3/(2)½ (i + j)(c) 5/(2)½ (i + j)(d) 7/(2)½ (i + j)
The component of the vector A along B geometrically is: Bcos(theta) = (A.B/|B|).(Bcap) = 5/(2)½ (i + j) option is correct.
2017 years ago
A disc of radius R , mass M lies on smooth horizontal surface. Two persons of equal mass m standing on diametrically opposite points. Both persons start moving in same sense, then find...
In same sense as it has been mentioned in the qstn. assuming both v speed as clockwise (let), the disc to be assumed as a rectangular piece of length 2*pi*R and width R (ct from the first...
Vikas TU 6 days ago
Is it possible to break water into Hydrogen andOxygen using photocatalysts?If yes, How does it work?
Yes, Artificial or natural light is used to break down the H2O into oxygen and hydrogen atoms constituents using photocatalysts. Things required to do so are: water Photocatalyst solar...
Vikas TU 15 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Electricity and Magnetism
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 1,600
  • View Details

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Electromagnetic Induction

Ask Experts