There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Electricity and Magnetism
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 1,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 400 off

Can the peak voltage across the inductor be greater than peak voltage of the source in an LCR circuit?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Nikhil,

The peak voltage across the inductor can certanily increase. but the sum of the peak voltages of capacitro resistor and inductor should me equal to the peak voltage of source.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electromagnetic Induction

Sir I want to know which monthly magazine are best for jee mains aspirants
@ afzal there are many magazines by mtg and arihant and all of them are actually usefull to the aspirants . i am naming some of the magazines that i referred for my prep . 1- SPECTRUM...
Umakant biswal one month ago
a conducting sphere of radius a has a charge Q on it. It is enclosed by a neutral conducting concentric spherical shell having inner radius 2a and outer radius 3a. find electrostatic energy...
First write the Electric field due to each sphere. E1 = E3 =0 {inside the inner conductor from 0 to a and from 2a to 3a in conducting shell) E2 and E4 = kQ/r^2 Now, dU =0.5e{ E2^r^2dr(a to...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
a rod of length l rotates with a small but uniform angilar velocity w about its perpendicular bisector a uniform magntic feild B exists parllel to te axis of rotation the potential...
emf = Change in flux w.r.t. time, blux is magnetic field intensity x area, for area, should be radius x (arc = v dt). Now, clculate in this way, we will get the value of emf as a function of...
Saurabh Kumar 7 months ago
sir, what is the third state of matter? is it plasma state? what is plasma state? pl. give a example.
@ ajay there are actually 5 states of matter . they are 1- solids 2- liquids 3- gases 4- plasma 5 – bose einstain condensate state . so, u can catagorise any one of them into 3 rd position...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
If 4sec be the time in which a projectile reaches a point P of its path and 5 sec the time from P till it reasches the horizontal plane passing through the point of projection . The height...
no this answer is not correct you have made a mistake yhe answer of this question is 98 plz check again then send the right answer...
Hansraj Gyanendra Singh Rajawat 3 months ago
v=u+at as v=u+at we can abe to find v as u=zeo and h=vsquare /2g from it we can find h v=36 and t in that particular projectile is 4 sec so h=1296/18 h=72
bharath 3 months ago
Why does the car with flattened tyre stop sooner than the one with inflated tyres?
dear hanuma, Flattened tyre has more area of contact with the road. Hence rolling friction increases and there by a car with flattened tyre stops sooner.
SAI SARDAR one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Electricity and Magnetism
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 1,600
  • View Details

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Electromagnetic Induction

Ask Experts