We have two identical filament bulbs joined in two different circuits such that V is the voltage supplied to first one and 3I is the current flowing through it. The other bulb has 3V voltage and I is the current flowing through it. Which one will glow more bright. (IN SHORT WHICH DEVICE WILL BE MORE EFFICIENT ONE HAVING MORE CURRENT OR MORE VOLTAGE?) If your answer is voltage, then why? What would be your answer if the same question is applied for motors in place of bulbs (don’t forget motor works on the principle of magnets which is due to the flow of current) EFFICIENCY OF AN APPLIANCE DEPEND ON VOLTAGE OR CURRENT?

We have two identical filament bulbs joined in two different circuits such that V is the voltage supplied to first one and 3I is the current flowing through it. The other bulb  has 3V voltage and I is the current flowing through it. Which one will glow more bright.
(IN SHORT WHICH DEVICE WILL BE MORE EFFICIENT ONE HAVING MORE CURRENT OR MORE VOLTAGE?)
If your answer is voltage, then why?
What would be your answer if the same question is applied for motors in place of bulbs (don’t forget motor works on the principle of magnets which is due to the flow of current)
EFFICIENCY OF AN APPLIANCE DEPEND ON VOLTAGE OR CURRENT?

Grade:11

1 Answers

Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
answer is 3V and I, because in this case, resistance of filament is 3 times the resistance of the bulb in the first case ( because R=V/I) and greater the resistance of a bulb, brighter it shall glow because it will dissipate greater power.
so what exactly is the second part of the question?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free