How to find the no. of electrons moves around the nucleus in a circular orbit of a radius 5x10 raise to the power minus eleven metre. Is there any way?

How to find the no. of electrons moves around the nucleus in a circular orbit of a radius 5x10 raise to the power minus eleven metre. Is there any way?

Grade:12

2 Answers

abhishek singh
40 Points
8 years ago
yes there  is a way but only for those atoms ,, which satisfy the Bhor’s postulates criteria ,, that is , example Hydrogen, Lithum 3+ ,, i.e containing one proton .  if   i assume this in your  question and given radius as 0.5 A0 ( as given by you ) approx to 0.529 A0  , then by using the formula raddius = 0.529 n2/z A0 ,
  we get the value of n = 1 .. therfore the given orbit is the first orbit , and the first orbit i.e  1S has got two electrons ,,  
   see i have made it assuming as atom containig single proton,, If it is not so then the answer would vary
abhishek singh
40 Points
8 years ago
see value of Z in the above used formula can vary and it must be a perfect square , i.e 1, 4 , , 
    but the bhor postulate doesn’t go upto Z = 9 , or above , therfre n = 1 or n = 2

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free