Define ohm’s law?

Define ohm’s law?

Grade:12

15 Answers

SAIMANIKANTA
263 Points
8 years ago
Ohm's law states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference across the two points. Introducing the constant of proportionality, the resistance, one arrives at the usual mathematical equation that describes this relationship
salvathshaik
164 Points
8 years ago
Ohm's law states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference across the two points. Introducing the constant of proportionality, the resistance, one arrives at the usual mathematical equation that describes this relationship
KARTHIKEYAN
54 Points
8 years ago
venky
235 Points
8 years ago
Mondo Camry
79 Points
8 years ago
V=ir is
SHANMUKESHWAR
461 Points
8 years ago
Ohm's law states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference across the two points. Introducing the constant of proportionality, the resistance, one arrives at the usual mathematical equation that describes this relationship:
santosh kumar
108 Points
8 years ago
ohm’s law states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference across the two points. Introducing the constant of proportionality, the resistance, one arrives at the usual mathematical equation that describes this relationship
Forum Team
94 Points
8 years ago
Dear Students,

We noticed that some students are copying and pasting same answer that has posted by previous users. Also, they are creating multiple account to post question and then answering those questions & approving as well. Please note that all these activities come under spamming and no gift voucher will be issued to them.

Hope that you will maintain the decorum of this forum and help the students genuinely

Forum Team
SAI SARDAR
1700 Points
8 years ago

The predominant equation which pervades the study of electric circuits is the equation

ΔV = I • R

In words, the electric potential difference between two points on a circuit (ΔV) is equivalent to the product of the current between those two points (I) and the total resistance of all electrical devices present between those two points (R).

this is cslled ohm’s law equation.

vinodh kumar
33 Points
8 years ago
ohms law can be stated as follows.
The current density(J) across a conductor is directly proportinal to the Electric field(E) applied across the conductor.
   The proportinality constant is Conductivity(Sigma)
    ohms law :   J = \sigma E 

V = I R can be deduced from the above equation.
Poralu Manideep
44 Points
8 years ago
Ohm's Law deals with the relationship between voltage and current in an ideal conductor. This relationship states that: The potential difference (voltage) across an ideal conductor is proportional to the current through it. The constant of proportionality is called the "resistance", R.
maheshchary
37 Points
8 years ago
“I” is directly prortional to  “v”  here= V----->POTENTIAL DIFFERENCE   and I=”current “
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
8 years ago
Ohms law is the besic law in electric current which is given by george simon ohm,  
it states that when the equilibrium condition is maintained and with constant temp and pressure the potential diffrence applied across the end of the wire is directly proportional to the electric current .
QUANTITATIVLY , u can say that   V IS DIRECTLY PROP TO I 
AND BY REMOVING THE proportionality sign u will get the following expression
V=RI
WHERE the symbols have their usual meaning
v= potential diff applied across wire
r= proportionality constant,, resistance  (unit- ohm)
i= current flowing in the cross sectional area of wire..
HOPE IT HELPS
mithra
44 Points
8 years ago
AT CONSTANT TEMPERATURE THE POTENTIAL DIFFERANCE APPLIED ACROSS A CONDUCTOR IS DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL TO CURRENT   V=ir
saibhargav
54 Points
8 years ago
The potential difference (voltage) across an ideal conductor is proportional to the current through it. The constant of proportionality is called the "resistance", R.
Ohm's Law is given by:
            V = I R
            where V is the potential difference between two points which include a resistance R

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free