• OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

what is an electric charge

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear gurbir

electric charge

Charge is the fundamental property of a matter that exhibit electrostatic  attraction or repulsion over other matter.
It is a Quantity of electricity that flows in electric currents or that accumulates on the surfaces of dissimilar nonmetallic substances that are rubbed together briskly. It occurs in discrete natural units, equal to the charge of an electron or proton. It cannot be created or destroyed. Charge can be positive or negative; one positive charge can combine with one negative charge, and the result is a net charge of zero. Two objects that have an excess of the same type of charge repel each other, while two objects with an excess of opposite charge attract each other. The unit of charge is the coulomb, which consists of 6.24 * 1018 natural units of electric charge.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electric Current

If a current carrying wire produces magnetic field around it, then why don’t it attracts any metallic substance that we placed near the current carrying wire? I know its a stupid question...
@ puja the magnetic field which is generated is by the moving charge particle and not by the wire . so, the force which is generated by wire is very very less as compared to that which is...
Umakant biswal one month ago
How to find the net resistance when it doesn`t satisfy whestone is an question. See pic..
@ ashutosh there is no pic in your attachment , so, kindly repost the query again and we will be happy to help u . and make sure this time the pic will be properly attached . and if...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Find current through 4 ohm resistor !..Pls provide complete answer!.........................................................................
it has 4 main nodes where KCL can be applied. State them V1 V2 V3 AND V4. And smoothly apply kcl there and solve the four eqns. For exapmle: kcl at 5 and 6 ohm resistance, (V1 – 100)/5 +...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
how does current changes with time in LR circuit across the inductor.
In a simple L-R circuit, If apply KVL we get, L*di/dt + iR = 0 integeratig both sides via variable separable method, we get, di/i = -R/Ldt integerate both sides now, log(i) = -(R/L)t i =...
Vikas TU 5 months ago
a person with normal near point 25 cm using a compound microscope with objective of focal length 8 mm and an eye piece of focal length 2.5 cm can bring an object placed at 9 mm from the...
For sharp focus, image should be formed at infinity. For image to be at infinity, The image formed by the objective should be at the focus of the eyepiece. WKT, Magnification(m)= v o /u o...
Raveesh 2 months ago
In the figure (check attachement) the reading of the spring balance will be (take g=10m/s2): A) 60 kg f. B)5 kg f. C) 60 N. D) 60 kg f.
May I know what is the correct answer to this question. So as to help myself in studies.Hope You reply as soon as possible.
Mudit 3 months ago
Weight isin downward direction(mg).It can be resolved into two components mgcos30 and mg sin30. mgsin30 is down the inclined plane.The reading of spring balance =mgsin30 =10*0.5*g = 5kg f...
Mudit 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Electric Current

Ask Experts