Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off
USE CODE: CART20

why should ac current is a vector quantity but dc current is a scalar quantity

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Electricity may be static or dynamic (electric current)
Static electricity is scalar though it can be + or - signs, but nothing other than that.

Coming to current electricity, the dc current is scalar, as it has only one sign and does not get resolved.

Alternating current is vector. The current and voltages are not in the same direction always. Consider a capacitor for example, it may have a voltage of 100 V applied to it and might have current of 0.1 Amperes, but the power is still zero as the phase difference between current and voltage in case of capacitor is 90 degrees. In resistor it is 0 degrees. If you have series connection of capacitor and resistor, the angle between voltage and current will be between zero and 90 degrees.
The current can be resolved in direction of voltage and quadrature to it. Therefore, the alternating current is a vector.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

what is the defination of electric field?and what is the defination of electricm charge?

electric charge: particles that exerts electric forces aresaid to have an electric charge. electric field:charges exerts forces on the another by mmeans of disturbances that they generate...

BOLLU SRINIVAS 8 months ago

ELECTRIC CHARGE: Electric charge is the physical property of matter that causes it to experience a force when placed in an electromagnetic field. There are two types of electric charges...

SAI SARDAR 8 months ago
Can you explain the method of equipotential for solving complex circiuts

@ HARSHIL equipotential surface is that surface in which the value of potential at every point of that region will be of equal value.. here , the work done for moving a charge from one...

Umakant biswal 6 months ago

Please post some questions related to this as it is very difficult to tell u the method as a theory....in equipotential method we just write symmetric paths and choose equipotential based...

Himanshu 6 months ago
What is single loop circuits?and What is multiloop circuits??????????????????

Gowri Sankar, Single loop: A circuit which has only one loop is called single loop circuits. Multiloop : A circuit which has many loops then it is called multi loop circuits.

SAI SARDAR 4 months ago

A single loop circuit is a circuit in where all elements are connected to form one circuit loop and are connected to atmost two other circuit is called singlelop circuit. a circuit which...

N JYOTHEESWAR 4 months ago

dear gowrishankar, single loop circuits are defined as which has single closed path is called single loop circuits.and which have different closed paths these are called multiloop circuits

Y MANJUNADH 4 months ago
doppler effect

The Doppler effect is observed whenever the source of waves is moving with respect to an observer. The Doppler effect can be described as the effect produced by a moving source of waves in...

KUNCHAM SAMPATH 9 months ago

The Doppler effect (or Doppler shift) is the change in frequency of a wave (or other periodic event) for an observer moving relative to its source. It is named after the Austrian physicist...

Puchakayala Sujan Kumar 2 months ago

i can give you an example if you are standing on the platform suddenly sound raises then you will feel the train was came to near this is the doppler effect................ the clear change ...

raju p 9 months ago
Sir, I am presently in Grade 10 and and have finished my syllabus. I want to start with Grade 11 Physics to stengthen my basics. Which book should I refer to for Theory and Numericals...

Wow you’re a terrific student if you’ve finished the syllabus already. I would suggest that you start with ncert as the explanation is short and nice and easy to understand. Don’t start...

Neeti 10 months ago

if u want to prepare for JEE MAIN or ADVANCED,then solve 1.HC Varma 2.DC Pandey or else ncert is enough

athmaja 8 months ago

You are most welcome :)

Neeti 10 months ago
what is resonance

if the frequency of a vibration made by the body under influence of external force is equal to its natural frequency is called resonance

AJITH 8 months ago

when a varing periodic force applaid to a system and the freequency of a varing force mathes with normal force freequencies of that system then amplitude of that system will be...

Eswar 8 months ago

Definition of Resonance - "The increase in amplitude of oscillation of an electric or mechanical system exposed to a periodic force whose frequency is equal or very close to the natural...

SHANMUKESHWAR 8 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off