• OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off
USE CODE: MOB20

microscopic form of ohms law

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Harpreet Singh,

Ohm's Law is the linear proportionality between current and voltage that occurs for most conductors of electricity. A graph of voltage against current is a straight line. The gradient is the resistance.

The most well known form of Ohm's law is V=IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current and R is the resistance. However there is another form of Ohm's law which often used by physicists that operates on a microscopic level, relating the current density J to the conductivity σ and the electric field, E.

To see how consider, the volume of material with faces of area A a distance l apart. With an e.m.f. V across the faces of the material

• the current is proportional to the voltage V

• the current is proportional to the surface area A

• and the current is inversely proportional to the distance l.

The current is therefore,

I = VAσ/l.

R = l/Aσ

The proportionality constant σ is the conductivity of the material.

V/l = |E|, and J = I/A in the direction of E so in general we have the constitutive relation.

J = σE

Good Luck!!!!!!

Plz. approve my answer, if you loved it, by clicking 'Yes' given below!!!!!!Plz. Plz. Plz.!!!!!!! Don't forget!!!!!!!!Smile

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electric Current

why does current flow opposite to flow of electrons

In sense of convention ,the direction of flow of positive charges give the direction of current. This is called conventional current . The direction of flow of electrons gives the direction ...

Nikhil Upadhyay 11 months ago

plz approve this

Nikhil Upadhyay 11 months ago
what is the difference between current amplification factor and current gain?[ce and cb]

@ nayana The current amplification factor is besically the ratio of the output current to the input current when its passing through an electrical devices . so, it gives us the amount of...

Umakant biswal 14 days ago
What is the statement of WHEAT STONE BRIDGE?????????????????????

Gowri Sankar, Wheat stone bridge is the four arms are engaged with four resistors and one is unknown resistor.To know the resistance of unknown resistor we used the wheat stone bridge.

SAI SARDAR 6 months ago

Dear Gowri Shankar A wheat stone is a electrical circuit used to measure the an unknown electrical resistance by balancing two legs of a bridge circuit ,one leg which includes the unknown...

Prabhakar ch 6 months ago

Hello Shankar, Definition of Wheatstone bridge . : an electrical bridge consisting of two branches of a parallel circuit joined by a galvanometer and used for determining the value of an...

SAI SANDY 6 months ago
tell me about Diffraction

Bending of light at edge of obstacle whose size is comparale to wave length of light is called diffraction

noogler one year ago

Diffraction refers to various phenomena which occur when a wave encounters an obstacle or a slit. In classical physics, the diffraction phenomenon is described as the interference of waves...

SHANMUKESHWAR 10 months ago

Diffraction manifests itself in the apparent bending of waves around small obstacles and the spreading out of waves past small openings.

rahul one year ago
how to solve problems in physics?i dont understand problems in this subject?

FIRST YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM.FOR UNDERSTANDING THE PROBLEM IS GIVEN IN SIMPLE LANGUAGE.AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW TERMS WHICH IS USED IN PROBLEMS.DO THE PROBLEMS IN WHICH YOU CAN...

SAI SARDAR 10 months ago

FIRST YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM.FOR UNDERSTANDING THE PROBLEM IS GIVEN IN SIMPLE LANGUAGE.AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW TERMS WHICH IS USED IN PROBLEMS.DO THE PROBLEMS IN WHICH YOU CAN...

Prabhakar ch 6 months ago

hi kumar... first you have to undarstand the subject..,then only you can perfect in solving problems..... with out knowing subject …,solving problems in physics it is impossible..

mohan 6 months ago
What are harmonics?

Dear Prabhakar, Harmonic is the wave or signsl whose frequency is an integral multiple of prequency of some reference signal or wave.

SAI SARDAR 7 months ago

Hello Prabhakar, We noticed that you are misuing the rights of questioner given by forum and approving all the answers of all the users even if it is written garbage which has no connection ...

Forum Team 6 months ago

hello prabhakar... A harmonic is a signal or wave whose frequency is an integral (whole-number) multiple of the frequency of some reference signal or wave. The term can also refer to the...

mohan 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off