• OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off
USE CODE: CART20

microscopic form of ohms law

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Harpreet Singh,

Ohm's Law is the linear proportionality between current and voltage that occurs for most conductors of electricity. A graph of voltage against current is a straight line. The gradient is the resistance.

The most well known form of Ohm's law is V=IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current and R is the resistance. However there is another form of Ohm's law which often used by physicists that operates on a microscopic level, relating the current density J to the conductivity σ and the electric field, E.

To see how consider, the volume of material with faces of area A a distance l apart. With an e.m.f. V across the faces of the material

• the current is proportional to the voltage V

• the current is proportional to the surface area A

• and the current is inversely proportional to the distance l.

The current is therefore,

I = VAσ/l.

R = l/Aσ

The proportionality constant σ is the conductivity of the material.

V/l = |E|, and J = I/A in the direction of E so in general we have the constitutive relation.

J = σE

Good Luck!!!!!!

Plz. approve my answer, if you loved it, by clicking 'Yes' given below!!!!!!Plz. Plz. Plz.!!!!!!! Don't forget!!!!!!!!Smile

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

what is drift velocity

drift velocity is the flow velocity experienced by an electron inside a conductor when an electric field is applied to the conductor. The drift velocity is given by v= I/neA where I is the...

Neeti 10 months ago

The drift velocity is the flow velocity that a particle, such as an electron, attains due to an electric field. It can also be referred to as axial drift velocity . In general, an electron...

Aakash 10 months ago

Drift velocity is the flow velocity an electron inside a conductor experien

Neeti 10 months ago
what is superposition principle for electric charges?

Super position principle: the net electric force acting onthe a charge particle is equal to the sum of induial electric forces exerted by the charge particles is called super position of...

BOLLU SRINIVAS 8 months ago

DEAR NAFEER, SUPER POSITION PRINCIPLE :THE NET FORCE ACTING ON THE ELECTRIC CHARGE IS EQUAL TO THE VECTOR SUM OF THE ALL INDIVIDUAL FORCES ACTING ON THE BODY.

SAI SARDAR 8 months ago
What is a semi conductor?

The solids having conductivities in the intermediate range from 10-6 to 104 ohm-1 m-1 is called Semiconductors. The conductivity of a semi conductor increases with rise in the temperature...

RAJU 8 months ago
what is bosons?

fundamental particles in nature can be divided into one of two categories,FermionsorBosons. Bosons integral spin Many can occupy the same state Examples: photons,4He atoms, gluons Bosons...
  img
Ashutosh Mohan Sharma 4 months ago
what is a magnet and uses explain

Magnets are also used in other types of fastening devices, such as the magnetic base, the magnetic clamp and the refrigerator magnet . Compasses: A compass (or mariner's compass) is a...

SHANMUKESHWAR 9 months ago

A magnet (from Greek μαγνήτις λίθος magnḗtis líthos , " Magnesian stone") is a material or object that produces a magnetic field . This magnetic field is invisible but is responsible for...

RAKESH CHINDAM 8 months ago

Magnets are also used in other types of fastening devices, such as the magnetic base, the magnetic clamp and the refrigerator magnet. Compasses: A compass (or mariner`s compass) is a...

L GOUSE BASHA 8 months ago
write the principle of lens makers equation?

The lensmaker’s equation is a relationship between the focal lenght f, the index of refraction n of the lens surfaces.The principle that an image formed by one reflecting or refracting...

santosh kumar 8 months ago

THE IMAGE FORMED BY THE 1ST REFRACTING SURFACE IS ACT AS THE OBJECT FOR 2ND REFRACTING SURFACE

pa1 8 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off