FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

microscopic form of ohms law

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Harpreet Singh,

Ohm's Law is the linear proportionality between current and voltage that occurs for most conductors of electricity. A graph of voltage against current is a straight line. The gradient is the resistance.

The most well known form of Ohm's law is V=IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current and R is the resistance. However there is another form of Ohm's law which often used by physicists that operates on a microscopic level, relating the current density J to the conductivity σ and the electric field, E.

To see how consider, the volume of material with faces of area A a distance l apart. With an e.m.f. V across the faces of the material

• the current is proportional to the voltage V

• the current is proportional to the surface area A

• and the current is inversely proportional to the distance l.

The current is therefore,

I = VAσ/l.

R = l/Aσ

The proportionality constant σ is the conductivity of the material.

V/l = |E|, and J = I/A in the direction of E so in general we have the constitutive relation.

J = σE

Good Luck!!!!!!

Plz. approve my answer, if you loved it, by clicking 'Yes' given below!!!!!!Plz. Plz. Plz.!!!!!!! Don't forget!!!!!!!!Smile

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Electric Current

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find the current I and voltage V in circuit shown.

I=5 amp and V=7volt

erra akhil 7 days ago
The flow of electrisity is considered as opposite to the flow of Electrons? Why?

The labeling of one polarity of charge as "positive" and the other as "negative" is totally arbitrary. It could be done either way and everything would still work out the...
  img
Harishwar 8 months ago
state true or false with explanation: a capacitor which is charged to a certain potential using batery , and now battery is removed and capacitor is then connected to an uncharged capacitor ...

This is a good problem asked in JEE exam, I will not give you the full solution, but try to get the concept from the example i am giving, then tell me what is in linked with the concept.....
  img
Saurabh Kumar 8 months ago
Study material on electrostatics

Dear Anuraj, There are many good study materials for electrostatics as far as my knowledge is concern. H C verma is a good book for concepts and there are also some interesting questions...

erra akhil yesterday

the book by DC Pandey electricity and magnetism would meet all the needs.

vinuthna 5 days ago
THe motion of a body is given by the equation dv(t)/dt=6.0-3v(t), where v(t) is speed in m/s and t in sec. if a body was at rest at t=0 the terminal speed is 4m/s. the speed varies with...

by integration we get v=2-e -3t so first 3 options or wrong and ans is 4 as intial a is 6 plz approve if useful and incase of any doubts ask in ans box

Nicho priyatham 17 days ago

integration in lower levels is formula based so learning formulas is must since u no basics u might know all formulas if u dont know them learn them now u need to remember that if...

Nicho priyatham 17 days ago

im really sorry but i have to do my class work for tmrw. thanks for helping me just write the explanation here after 7:30. if i have any doubt in that i’ll post it here tmrw. thank you so...

Archita 17 days ago
The acceleration of an electron at a certain moment in a magnetic field B=2 i +3j +4k is a = x i + j - k. Find The value of x is

B.a= 0 , if only magnetic field is present so 2x+3-4=0 2x=1 x=1/2 approve if useful

ng29 2 months ago
View all Questions »