Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

microscopic form of ohms law

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Harpreet Singh,

Ohm's Law is the linear proportionality between current and voltage that occurs for most conductors of electricity. A graph of voltage against current is a straight line. The gradient is the resistance.

The most well known form of Ohm's law is V=IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current and R is the resistance. However there is another form of Ohm's law which often used by physicists that operates on a microscopic level, relating the current density J to the conductivity σ and the electric field, E.

To see how consider, the volume of material with faces of area A a distance l apart. With an e.m.f. V across the faces of the material

• the current is proportional to the voltage V

• the current is proportional to the surface area A

• and the current is inversely proportional to the distance l.

The current is therefore,

I = VAσ/l.

R = l/Aσ

The proportionality constant σ is the conductivity of the material.

V/l = |E|, and J = I/A in the direction of E so in general we have the constitutive relation.

J = σE

Good Luck!!!!!!

Plz. approve my answer, if you loved it, by clicking 'Yes' given below!!!!!!Plz. Plz. Plz.!!!!!!! Don't forget!!!!!!!!Smile

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

a 5 o C rise in temp. is observed in a conductor by passing a current . when the current is doubled , the rise in temp. will be approx.?

The rise in temp is 20C. Heat α rise in temp Heat α (current)^2 rise in temp α (current)^2.

erra akhil 3 months ago

As H α I 2 and H α ΔT So here the final temp. is 20 0 C

Adarsh 3 months ago
I have attended all lectures of current electricity in my iit coaching institute, but i am unable to solve assignments & dpp’s of this perticular chapter only. Whereas I have learnt all...

you have attended all lectures ofcurrent electricityin coacyour hing institute, but you are unable to solve assignments & dpp’s , because your concepts are weak you have to read...
  img
Sher Mohammad one year ago
sir i want to know how to prepare for current chapter and tips and tricks in solving numericals

Go through all the topics of the chapter in detail. Start solving the problems based on it from level 1 to 5. This will help you in increasing your level. Also maintain a separate copy where...
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago
a man of mass 50 kg stands on a frame of mass 30 kg .he is pulled on a light rope which passes over a pulley . the other enf of the rope is attached to the frame .for the system to be in...

According to the question, the tension in the string is equal to the net weight of the frame. Also given that the system is in equilibrium, T = [mass of the man + mass of the string] x g =...

Shubham Kamleshbhai Patel one month ago
what are the answers of the question u have posted

Hi students, Which question you are talking about. Please make it clear
  img
Nishant Vora 5 months ago
what does potential exactly mean

Dear student,, here is the basic defination An electric potential (also called the electric field potential or the electrostatic potential) is the amount of electric potential energy that a...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Electric Current

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details