FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

microscopic form of ohms law

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Harpreet Singh,

Ohm's Law is the linear proportionality between current and voltage that occurs for most conductors of electricity. A graph of voltage against current is a straight line. The gradient is the resistance.

The most well known form of Ohm's law is V=IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current and R is the resistance. However there is another form of Ohm's law which often used by physicists that operates on a microscopic level, relating the current density J to the conductivity σ and the electric field, E.

To see how consider, the volume of material with faces of area A a distance l apart. With an e.m.f. V across the faces of the material

• the current is proportional to the voltage V

• the current is proportional to the surface area A

• and the current is inversely proportional to the distance l.

The current is therefore,

I = VAσ/l.

R = l/Aσ

The proportionality constant σ is the conductivity of the material.

V/l = |E|, and J = I/A in the direction of E so in general we have the constitutive relation.

J = σE

Good Luck!!!!!!

Plz. approve my answer, if you loved it, by clicking 'Yes' given below!!!!!!Plz. Plz. Plz.!!!!!!! Don't forget!!!!!!!!Smile

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Electric Current

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is the value of epsilon not

8.85 x 10 -12 Coulomb 2 /N.m 2
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago

1÷4pi.9.10 9 is it correct or not

Manikanta Venkata Sai Vissamsetti 2 months ago

no it is incorrect

Sheshmani Sharma 2 months ago
find potential of D

Hi, can you show the direction of current for other 2 branches i.e. for B & C?

Shivam Chopra 3 months ago
power of a cell

Power of bulb P = 4.5 V Voltage in bulb = 1.5 V Current in the bulb i will be equla to 2E / 9 2E /9 = P / V E = 9P/2V E = 9*4.5/2*1.5 E = 13.5 V Regards Nirmal Singh Askiitians Faculty
  img
Nirmal Singh. 10 months ago
see attachment. each capacitor have capacitance C calaculate Ceq and explain it

Hi, shivam use series and parallel combination method...

Saurabh Kumar 8 months ago

abe answer to mujhe bhi pata he mujhe soln chahiye

Shivam 9 months ago

79C/46 i think !

kaushik 9 months ago
​Q. A BODY IS MOVING IN A CIRCLE AT A UNIFORM VELOCITY v. THE MAGNITUDE OF CHANGE IN VELOCITY WHEN THE RADIUS VECTOR DESCRIBES AN ANGLE OF 60 0 IS- 4v v/2 v (3) 1/2 v/2

The velocity vector is perpendicular to radius vector,LET v1 and v2 be the velocity vector(s) at the instant 1 and 2 respectively between which the angle described is 60degree thus the angle...

shashi K Sharma 9 months ago

but how? please give reason

Bharat Makkar 9 months ago

v

Manabendra Nath Gaine 9 months ago
A conducting square loop of side L and resistance R moves in its plane with a uniform velocity v perpendicular to one of its sides. A magnetic induction B, constant In time and space,...

(d) NOTE Since the rate of change of magnetic flux is zero, hence there will be no net induced emf and hence no current flowing I the loop. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
  img
Navjyot Kalra one year ago
View all Questions »