There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

The thermal energy developed in a current carrying resistor is given by U= i(sq)RT and also U= vit. should we say that U is prpoportional to i(sq) or i ?

sq= square

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

in general e=vit,but in a resistor v is directly proportional to i, with a constant of proportionality that varies from resistor to resistor and v=ir, therefore e= i2rt for resistors only and is equal to vit otherwise

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electric Current

Please help me in solving this attached problem.Explain how you solved........thank you
@ sunkari the question posted by you can be solved by the use of the besic formula E= kq/ rsquare . you can find out the electric field intensity , as here the charges are of same sign and...
Umakant biswal one month ago
i want any book on electronics iam interested please provide it to me sir
@ kalyan what u want to study from that book . in case u are in class 12 th and want to study semiconducter then go for resnick halliday . its the best book for electronics upto class 12 th ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
if you want to study analog circuits and devices, I would suggest you to study the book written by sedra and smith it will help you to help you to build your foundation. If you want to...
HIMANSHU SAXENA 2 months ago
What is working of a cyclotron and principles of cyclotron
@ ankit i am explaining here the working of cyclotron . the charge will follow a spiral path with increasing radius as its under constant acceleration due to external magnetic field (...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Principle of operation -----> A cyclotron accelerates a particle which is flly chrges to an extent by using high frequency ac voltage between two hollow plates kept inside the hollow...
Vikas TU one month ago
A disc of radius R , mass M lies on smooth horizontal surface. Two persons of equal mass m standing on diametrically opposite points. Both persons start moving in same sense, then find...
In same sense as it has been mentioned in the qstn. assuming both v speed as clockwise (let), the disc to be assumed as a rectangular piece of length 2*pi*R and width R (ct from the first...
Vikas TU 6 days ago
Why body with less mass cover distance earlier than body with greater mass. As per momentum
From F = ma mass is inversely prop. to accln. Hence more mass less accln. and less mass more accln. same with momentum. less mass more velocity and therfore less time to travel .
Vikas TU 2 months ago
I have many books for physics can you help me which book is good for theory and which are numerical I see ncert is not good I have ABC book.ncert book rudiments book.h c verma books refer to this link
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
for theory it is better to use modern abc and ncert i am also a student i use modern abc and for numericals use hcv pradeep modern abc or u can do previous year questions of cbse HAPPY TO...
prateek 4 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Electric Current

Ask Experts