kirchoffs law

kirchoffs law

Grade:12

2 Answers

Rahul askIITiansExpert.IITR
110 Points
13 years ago
Kirchhoff's Current Law

At every node, the sum of all currents entering a node must equal zero. What
      this law means physically is that charge cannot accumulate in a node; what
      goes in must come out.

Kirchhoff's Voltage Law (KVL)

The voltage law says that the sum of voltages around every closed loop in the circuit
      must equal zero. A closed loop has the obvious definition: Starting at a node, trace
      a path through the circuit that returns you to the origin node. KVL expresses the fact
      that electric fields are conservative: The total work performed in moving a test charge
      around a closed path is zero.

Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

DO APPROVE IF THE ANSWER HELPS YOU.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rahul- IIT Roorkee
madhu voleti
44 Points
13 years ago

Kirchhoff's voltage rule:-

If several souces of emf and several resistors are connected in some complicated circuit with severl branches,then the currents will flow along several alternative paths.Kirchhoff's voltage rule can be applied to any loop in the complicated circuit.

Mainly the two Kirchoff's rules are

1.Kirchoff's current rule (or) Junction theorem

2.Kirchoff's Voltage rule

1.Kirchoff's current rule (or) Junction theorem:-

sum of the currents entering the Junction at any point is equal to sum of the currents leaving same junction.

(or)

The Algebraic sum of all currents at any Junction in the circuit is Zero

Equation:-

I+I1+I2+I3+I4+I5+............=0

2.Kirchoff's Voltage rule

sum of the emf source  is equal to the sum of the potential difference across the resistor

(or)

The Algebraic sum of all the potential difference across all the elements in closed loop is Zero

Equation:-

V+V1+V2+V3+V4+V5+........=0

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!

Wish you happy learning of  Electricity.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free