Will the iit preparatory courses run this year?? I got a preparatory rank 12 but it is not shown in any round of josaa counselling. I am getting tensed and worried whether i get it or not..pls help

Will the iit preparatory courses run this year?? I got a preparatory rank 12 but it is not shown in any round of josaa counselling. I am getting tensed and worried whether i get it or not..pls help

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Vasanth SR
askIITians Faculty 1335 Points
6 years ago
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSAA) conducts the admission of candidates into appropriate colleges based on their JEE Main and Advanced scores and ranks. Those who haven’t cleared JEE Advanced but are eligible for the Preparatory course can also select colleges using the JOSAA Portal.

If a candidate is eligible for the prep course, then the choices that he/she gets in the JOSAA portal will also include all the IITs. However, it should be noted that these choices are not for the prep course but for the actual courses that the candidate chooses (during the choice filling in JOSAA) and are applicable only after passing the prep course and getting admission into any of the IITs.

The center that a candidate gets for the prep course will depend on their Preparatory rank.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free