What is to be done for KVPY ? Should I prepare from class 10 books or from class 11 and 12 books. Iwas from ICSE board till class 10 th so there is a little bit difference in the syllabus so what should i do exactly especially in biology because there a considerable difference between the sylabbus in the boards and i am not good at bio . Also tell the level of the papers

What is to be done for KVPY ? Should I prepare from class 10 books or from class 11 and 12 books. Iwas from ICSE board till class 10th so there is a little bit difference in the syllabus so what should i do exactly especially in biology because there a considerable difference between the sylabbus in the boards and i am not good at bio . Also tell the level of the papers

Grade:11

1 Answers

Amit Shekhar IIT Kharagpur
askIITians Faculty 25 Points
9 years ago
NCERT is the most important book for kvpy exam. You have to focus on the 11thncert books.

Physics– The questions are more on general physics rather than subject knowledge. You may need to practically put the question in the situation to arrive at the answer. So right from the very beginning start thinking about why and how. Some topics like Optics and Electrodynamics of 12th are very important. So use NCERT 12th standard for these.

Chemistry– NCERT 11 is very important. Few Inorganic topics from 12thare also important

Maths– The questions are lengthy as well as logical. Previous years paper practise is important

Biology– It as biology is the easiest of all sections in the KVPY. NCERT and previous year question paper is more than sufficient

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free