What are preparatory courses?I belong to SC caste.I scored very low in JEE-ADV.Can I undertake a preparatory course?After its completion,should I attempt JEE exam once again?

What are preparatory courses?I belong to SC caste.I scored very low in JEE-ADV.Can I undertake a preparatory course?After its completion,should I attempt JEE exam once again?

Grade:12

4 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
8 years ago
Preparatory course is about the prepration programme run at IITs, for SC and ST cat students,
There is min cutoff for every cat, in SC and ST, some students couldn’t qualify the cutoff, but IITs need to fill those reserved seats, therefore, IITs give admission such students under prep programme for next year JEE ADV, and on the basis of that they reconsider for recounselling..
If they couldn’t modify their rank, then they have to go through same branch..
Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
It is the course given to those SC, ST category students who had qualified jee advanced under preparatory list. It is for 1 yr duration and you’ll be taught by IIT professors in physics chemisry maths and English and tests you at final for the allocation of left over seats

It is depending on ur interest and on that if u take prep courses definitelyyou’ll not get in cs ee ec mech ,you may get in chem or metallurgy that too very less in number.

Yes you can attempt again
R K YASHASVI
19 Points
8 years ago
Why can’t I get in CSE,EEE,etc?Is it based on my performaince in JEE or in preparatory courses?
Prajwal Kavad
603 Points
8 years ago
your performance in next years jee, you will be a student of IIT anyhow,even that is just for name sake cutt off is very low, if you get chance , u better go since u will already book a seat for the upcoming year but just a year extra to bring u to that level of IItians

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free