SIR,please tell me where i got wrong-a small force F is applied so that the small box,boy C and the big box move together with an acceleration a.the coefficient of friction between the boxes is u and between the box and the road is 0.the boy D is standing on road.sir we have to find the direction of frictional force. FOR BOY C(who is in non-inertial frame)-we have to apply a pseudo force towards left but he box A is at rest w.r.t BOY C so the direction of frictional force is towards right. FOR BOY D-the frictional force is also towards right.NOW the QUESTION which came to mind is that for BOY D the friction is creating motion but for BOY C the friction is not creation any motion(so he will conclude that friction always opposes motion).SIR,please tell me where i got wrong.

SIR,please tell me where i got wrong-a small force F is applied so
that the small box,boy C and the big box move together with an
acceleration a.the coefficient of friction between the boxes is u and
between the box and the road is 0.the boy D is standing on road.sir we
have to find the direction of frictional force.
FOR BOY C(who is in non-inertial frame)-we have to apply a pseudo
force towards left but he box A is at rest w.r.t BOY C so the
direction of frictional force is towards right.
FOR BOY D-the frictional force is also towards right.NOW the QUESTION
which came to mind is that for BOY D the friction is creating motion
but for BOY C the friction is not creation any motion(so he will
conclude that friction always opposes motion).SIR,please tell me where
i got wrong.

Question Image
Grade:10

1 Answers

Sourabh Singh IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2104 Points
8 years ago
No first of all the FBD of block B is nopt complete it will also experience reaction of friction on left side and friction also acts when there is a tendency of motion .Everytime you need not have motion but if there is any possibility of relative motion friction will act

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free