Sir, I am looking forward to crack kvpy.please suggest me some tips.also i am finding it difficult to manage my time for other exams like scholarship exam .please suggest some tips and methods some that i get enough time to prepare for the same.Also iam also looking forward to iitjee.please suggest,advice and give me tips.

Sir,
I am looking forward to crack kvpy.please suggest me some tips.also i am finding it difficult to manage my time for other exams like scholarship exam .please suggest some tips and methods some that i get enough time to prepare for the same.Also iam also looking forward to iitjee.please suggest,advice and give me tips.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Amit Shekhar IIT Kharagpur
askIITians Faculty 25 Points
9 years ago
For KVPY :-

NCERT is the most important book for kvpy exam. You have to focus on the 11thncert books.

Physics– The questions are more on general physics rather than subject knowledge. You may need to practically put the question in the situation to arrive at the answer. So right from the very beginning start thinking about why and how. Some topics like Optics and Electrodynamics of 12th are very important. So use NCERT 12th standard for these.

Chemistry– NCERT 11 is very important. Few Inorganic topics from 12thare also important

Maths– The questions are lengthy as well as logical. Previous years paper practise is important

Biology– It as biology is the easiest of all sections in the KVPY. NCERT and previous year question paper is more than sufficient

For IIT focus on basics and practising problems. Good study material is very important. You can use following books :-

Reference Books for Engineering Entrance Exam

Chemistry
Ø NCERT Chemistry text books of class XI and class XII (usually sufficient)
Ø Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd (only for understanding concepts)
Ø Arihant Organic Chemistry Objective (Optional)
Ø Organic, Physical and Inorganic Chemistry books by OP Tandon
Ø Physical Chemistry by RC Mukherjee
Mathematics
Ø NCERT class XI and class XII books (all students should start with these early)
Ø For best concepts you can purchase ‘IIT Mathematics’ by ML Khanna
Ø New Pattern IITJEE Mathematics of Arihant Publications by Dr SK Goyal
Ø Books by SL Loney (Good for coordinate Geometry and Trigonometry)
Ø RD Sharma
Ø GN Bernnam – only use it for calculus as other sections are too advanced for JEE
Physics
Ø NCERT Physics for Class XI and XII (good introduction)
Ø Concepts of Physics, Vol.-I & II, by HC Verma
Ø Physics by D.C. Pandey, Arihant Publications
Ø Fundamentals of Physics, by Halliday, Resnik and Walker (Optional)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free