NOW CURRENTLY I AM IN 12TH STD(SCIENCE),I WANT TO BECOME A QUANTUM PHYSICIST ,SO WHAT SHOULD I TAKE (ENGINEERING OR MEDICAL). AFTER 12TH BOARD EXAMS,HOW MUCH YEARS IT WOULD TAKE TO COMPLETE MY Ph.D. DEGREE.WHICH COMPETITIVE ENTRANCE EXAM SHOULD I GIVE(e.g. JEE,NEET, MH-CET,ISEET,ETC) AFTER COMPLETING 12TH STD ?

NOW CURRENTLY I AM IN 12TH STD(SCIENCE),I WANT TO BECOME A QUANTUM PHYSICIST,SO WHAT SHOULD I TAKE(ENGINEERING OR MEDICAL). AFTER 12TH BOARD EXAMS,HOW MUCH YEARS IT WOULD TAKE  TO COMPLETE MY Ph.D. DEGREE.WHICH COMPETITIVE ENTRANCE EXAM SHOULD I GIVE(e.g. JEE,NEET, MH-CET,ISEET,ETC) AFTER COMPLETING 12TH STD ?

Grade:12

2 Answers

Suraj Prasad IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 286 Points
7 years ago
See according to your career needs you must choose IIT’s as your preference where you will gain a lot of knowledge and freedom to do experiments as labs are fully furnished there.

Also you must go on for Physics as your branch and can further go for research as higher studies.
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ xavier 
You need to give engg as ur choice to become as a quantum physicist , 
and choose iit or bits as your dream destination , and attempt both JEE and bitsat for that , 
in bits also , u will get enough opputunity , 
after doing 4 years in engg physics branch , u can write GATE exam and could enter MIT also if scored good rank , then go for p.hd from a recognised university , u will take 5 years there . 
and then u can be a quantum physicist , and REMEMBER , RESEARCH IN PHY IS NOT THAT MUCH EASY , AND U NEED TO DO HARD WORK FOR THAT 
ALL THE BEST ..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free