Is electrical engineering good for someone bad in math? Update: i am good in basic math, algebra. never took anything more that? am i ready enough?

Is electrical engineering good for someone bad in math?

Update: i am good in basic math, algebra. never took anything more that? am i ready enough?

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

TEJKIRAT SINGH
65 Points
9 years ago
 If you did well in algebra and never took any higher math, what makes you think you are "bad" in math? You are deficient in math and that can be a definite handicap if you are going into college. If you enter engineering school, you would be required to take remedial, non-college acredited math courses such as college algebra, trigonometry and precalculus. This would require about a year and could delay graduation by one year, since caclulus is a prerequisite for many engineering and some science courses, but many engineering students take this approach and ultimately do fine. While you may be delayed in getting into some of the sophomore level engineering courses, you can fill your schedule with core credit course requirements and sciences and get all of these out of the way early. That way you will have more time, after you come up to speed in math, to focus on the upper divsion engineering courses. Assuming you take college entrance exams, your scores on math aptitude and achievement will give you a better picture of how you may do in college math. The rest is up to you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free