i want to become an physicist.i have great interest in nuclear physics,electronics,communication...what i should do after 12th to become an physicist.should i do bsc from physics hons or anything else.PLEASE HELP

i want to become an physicist.i have great interest in nuclear physics,electronics,communication...what i should do after 12th to become an physicist.should i do bsc from physics hons or anything else.PLEASE HELP

Grade:12

4 Answers

Ravi
askIITians Faculty 69 Points
9 years ago
Till graduation, you need to go to a college that has well developed infrastructure in terms of research and development. This will only develop your interest in the field of your interest. Later on, you can get into a masters course in the same field which will depend on the sincerety of your work at graduate level and your scores. Then a Ph.D. and a POst doctoral in the field will expose you to the recent developments in the field and give you a scope of research ahead in your life.
vijay yadav
18 Points
9 years ago
thanks sir but which have better scope b.tech or bsc.and which college is best for bsc physics hons.
vijay yadav
18 Points
9 years ago
thanks sir but which have better scope b.tech or bsc.and which college is best for bsc physics hons.
Ravi
askIITians Faculty 69 Points
9 years ago
Many premium institutes are offering Graduation degrees in physics which have a global recognition. Few such are IITs offering BTech (Engineering physics), B.Sc (IISc, IISER, central universities like DU),5 Year BS-MS Dual Degree Programme offered by IISER’s. Almost all these institutes have a good infrastructurein terms of research and development.

As for the scope, BSc is more theoritical in terms of academic offerings whereas BTech is supposed to be more practical and involving research and implementation part.

Both the courses do have a lot of future prospects (particularly in terms of RnD)
//All the best//

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free