I prefer mechanical engineering and I am from South. Should I opt for Civil Engineering in NIT Trichy for its vicinity and Rank or Mechanical Engineering in NIT Silchar despite its distance? My OBC rank is 6266.

I prefer mechanical engineering and I am from South. Should I opt for Civil Engineering in NIT Trichy for its vicinity and Rank or Mechanical Engineering in NIT Silchar despite its distance? My OBC rank is 6266.

Grade:11

3 Answers

Umakant Biswal
753 Points
6 years ago
dear student 
go with your choice , btw donot leave nit trichy , it have a very good placement and also its a top rank nit , silchar is new one , and that may be affecting the placement their . 
and try for jee advanced , you have enough chance to get selected in iit . 
if not , then go with nit trichy , check if u can get mechanical their by 2nd or 3rd round councelling . 
ALL THE BEST 
regards 
Subhiksha
50 Points
6 years ago
But sir, SIlchar is also an old NIT and has good placements...Check your facts....

Also, they say Civil does not has good placements, especially, abraod. How true is that?
Can this reason worthy enough to choose Mech at NIT Silchar?
Umakant Biswal
753 Points
6 years ago
dear subhiksha 
yes , i know nit silachar is an old nit , but it cannot be comparable to nit trichy , 
and as far as i knows civil have same level of placement as in mechanical , and in abroad , civil and mech have equal oppurtunity , rest depend on your intrest , 
from my recommedation nit trichy will be the best possible option . 
HOPE IT CLEARS "
REGARDS 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free