i dropped this year for IIT..My cbse result was 88% and JEE mains marks was 115.I could not qualify for JEE Advanced.I joined coaching and started preparing for jee again.I gave my first MAINS type test(coaching) and scored just 148.On analysing my performance I did realise some of my mistakes and psychological tension problem but this result has made me scared nad made me question my decision of dropping as I had prepared quite well for this test.the pressure of covering the large syllabus is also extreme..advise to deal with this demoralising situation..what should be my mental attitude in future for next 6 months..

i dropped this year for IIT..My cbse result was 88% and JEE mains marks was 115.I could not qualify for JEE Advanced.I joined coaching and started preparing for jee again.I gave my first MAINS type test(coaching) and scored just 148.On analysing my performance I did realise some of my mistakes and psychological tension problem but this result has made me scared nad made me question my decision of dropping as I had prepared quite well for this test.the pressure of covering the large syllabus is also extreme..advise to deal with this demoralising situation..what should be my mental attitude in future for next 6 months..

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
HI KANISHKA
WHO SAYS YOUR SCORE OF 148 IS POOR????? IT IS REALLY A GOOD SCORE AS YOU ARE NOW HAVE COMPLETE SIX MONTHS AND IF YOU PREPARE IN A GOOD WAY THEN SURELY YOU CAN REACH AT A LEVEL OF 200+ MARKS. DONOT CARE FOR THE RESULTS IN THE BEGINNING. AND ABOUT YOUR SYLLABUS IF YOU ARE WITH A GOOD COACHING INSTITUTE THEN SURE YOUR SYLLABUS WILL GET COMPLETED IN TIME. DONOT THINK ABOUT SUCH SILLY THINKS. BE MOTIVATED AND GIVE YOUR BEST.
GOLDEN TIME OF YOUR LIFE IS WAITING FOR YOU
BEST OF LUCK:}
STILL HAVE ANY MENTAL ISSUE FEEL FREE TO TALK AND DISCUSS, I WILL TRY MY LEVEL BEST TO SOLVE IT
THANKS ONCE AGAIN
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ kanishka 
actually the thing is frst of all dnt get depressed , u have just given a simple mains level test , and this is not the actual level exam . and also u ahve jee adv as well . 
and remember 1 thing – in real exam , the papers are always easier than the mock test that are happening in the coiaching institute . 
my advice – do the problems that are given in the prev year jee problem books , if u can solve then u can clear jee with good ranks in advanced , i am sure of that . 
even i have not taken any such mock test for jee , still i qualified . 
just do the prev year paper , and complete thye syllabus in time . and 1 more thing – dnt cram anything , that will loose your confidence when u see a question . always understand the concept . 
after that solve ques . 
and also dnt neglect ncert , follow that alongwith your coaching material , if good then these much are sufficient . 
but if doesnot then u need to take some extra problems book . 
ALL THE BEST ..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free