i am a class 11 student.can i take the olympiad exam?if yes,then should i file an application?

i am a class 11 student.can i take the olympiad exam?if yes,then should i file an application?

Grade:11

1 Answers

Amit Shekhar IIT Kharagpur
askIITians Faculty 25 Points
9 years ago
You can take NSO.

This is the syllabus of the exam :-

Class-11

The actual test paper has 50 questions. Time allowed: 60 minutes. There are 3 sections: 25 questions in section I (Physics and Chemistry), 5 in section II (Achievers Section) and 20 questions in section III (Mathematics or Biology)

Syllabus

Section – I (Physics & Chemistry) :Physics:Units & Measurements, Mechanics, Properties of Matter, Heat & Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves.

Chemistry:Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, Thes-Block Elements, Thep-Block Elements (Groups 13 and 14), Organic Chemistry - Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry.

Section – II (Achievers Section) :Syllabus as per Section – I.

Section – III (Mathematics) :Sets, Relations and Functions, Principle of Mathematical Induction, Logarithms, Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equations, Linear Inequations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry, Straight Lines, Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Statistics, Mathematical Reasoning, Limits and Derivatives, Probability, Introduction to 3-D Geometry, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.

or

Section – III (Biology) :Diversity in the Living World, Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals,Cell : Structure and Functions, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free