Hi, What is the criteria for M Tech in IIT’s? I have 54% aggregate in my BE. If i get a good score in my GATE exam or If i get a good AIR, will I be able to get into IIT’s?

Hi,
What is the criteria for M Tech in IIT’s? I have 54% aggregate in my BE. If i get a good score in my GATE exam or If i get a good AIR, will I be able to get into IIT’s?

Grade:

1 Answers

Amit Shekhar IIT Kharagpur
askIITians Faculty 25 Points
9 years ago
Admission to the JointMTech/MCP–PhD programme of the Institute is open to all Indian Nationals under categories:

i. Regular applicants with assistantship ( through GATE)
ii. B. Tech students graduated / graduating from IITs having a CGPA 8.00 or above (out of 10)
iii. Sponsored applicants
iv. NET qualified candidates with fellowship ONLY for MCP Programme

Eligibility for Regular Applicants (through GATE)

Applicants under all categories must possess a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architectureor a Masters degree in Science/Arts or qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE, e.g. AMIE.
Applicants must qualify in a GATE paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree if a GATE paper is available in such a discipline. Only for those disciplines where there is no relevant GATE paper, XE/XL paper of the GATE examination is applicable. NET qualified applicants are also eligible for admission to MCP.
Candidates seeking admission to Joint MTech/MCP-PhD Programme of the Institute should have the following academic qualification.

For institutes a) awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in all years of the qualifying degree OR b) awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in the final two semesters or final year of the qualifying degree:

GE/OBC: Minimum of 60% marks (OR a CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)
SC/ST/PwD: Minimum of 55% marks (OR a CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale)

For both the above cases, If the CGPA is on a different scale than 10.0, the eligibility of the candidates will be calculated corresponding to the equivalence stated above.

Admission to reserved category candidates will be as per Government of India rules.
Applicants must be in good health. In case of any discrepancy found in the certificate of medical fitness to be submitted during registration, the opinion of the Institute Medical Officer will be final.
Persons with Physical Disability (PwD) seeking admission to various postgraduate programmes are to appear before a medical board on or before October 31, 2014 at IIT Kharagpur. The decision of the Medical Board is final and becomes a binding to the candidate

Selection of applicants whose results in the qualifying degree examination are yet to be declared will be provisional, subject to the condition that all parts of the examination must be completed in all respects before the date of joining the Institute and the marks sheet/certificate as evidence of passing the qualifying examination to be submitted latest by October 31, 2014.

B. Tech students graduated / graduating from IITshaving a CGPA 8.00 or above (out of 10) are eligible for direct admission without having to appear in either GATE or personal interview. Please use relevant link on the website to apply.
An applicant admitted to a post-graduate programme with assistantship will not be eligible for admission with assistantship in any other programme at this institute or any other Institution on the basis of the same GATE scorecard.

Eligibility for NET Qualified Applicants

NET - Qualified applicants with Fellowship having MA or MSc. Degree in Economics, Sociology or Geography having studied mathematics at the higher secondary level are eligible to join MCP-PhD Programme.
For applicant with Master Degree in Science subject should have 60% or above (55% marks or equivalent CGPA for Master's degree holders in Arts or Social Science subjects).

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free