Hello Sir, I am going to appear for JEE-Main 2015 next year. In my class 10 marksheet, there is a mistake in my father's name. Actually my father doesn't write his title(last name) in the end, just the first and the middle name but in the 10 marksheet, the last name is printed. Whereas in my class 12 marksheet, there is no mistake.So i'm worried if i am going to face any problem at the time of admission in an engineering college next year ? What should i write in Father's name box in the JEE-Main 2015 application form- the correct name(which is without last name as printed in 12 marksheet) or the one as printed in class 10 marksheet ? Please help me in this regard. Thanks

Hello Sir,
I am going to appear for JEE-Main 2015 next year. In my class 10
marksheet, there is a mistake in my father's name. Actually my father
doesn't write his title(last name) in the end, just the first and the
middle name but in the 10 marksheet, the last name is printed. Whereas
in my class 12 marksheet, there is no mistake.So i'm worried if i am
going to face any problem at the time of admission in an engineering
college next year ? What should i write in Father's name box in the
JEE-Main 2015 application form- the correct name(which is without last
name as printed in 12 marksheet) or the one as printed in class 10
marksheet ? Please help me in this regard. Thanks

Grade:12

1 Answers

Sunil Kumar FP
askIITians Faculty 183 Points
9 years ago
Yeah you will face problem.Please follow these steps
Correction in name to the extent of correction in spelling errors of correction in spelling errors, factual, typographical errors in the candidate’s name/surname to make it consistent with what is given in the school record or list of candidates (LOC) submitted by the school may be made.
Application for correction in name of candidate/father/mother’s/guardian’s name will be considered only within then years of the date of declaration of results provided the application of the candidate is forwarded by the Head of the Institution with the following attested documents.

a) True copy of admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution

b) True copy of the school leaving certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission duly attested by the head of the concerned institution.

c) True copy of the portion of the page of admission and withdrawl register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution

iii) The Board may effect necessary correction after verification of the original records of the school and on payment of the amount specified

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free