hi, I have got a GATE Score of 472 and Rank of 5126 in EC Paper.I Plan to apply in NIT Bhopal and NIT Jaipur.Do i have any chance to get admission in these institutes for M.Tech. in electronics engg.? How are these institutes?How are there placements? In all, I Plan to apply in 8 NIT's which are as follows: 1. NIT Surathkal 2. NIT Trichy 3. NIT Warangal 4. NIT Calicut 5. NIT Nagpur 6. NIT Surat 7. NIT Bhopal 8. NIT Jaipur. Please assign a rank to all these NIT's from 1 to 8(it will be helpful for me to decide) according to present scenario.Which of these 8 NIT's do i get a chance to do M. Tech. more likely? Please say whether i have any slightest of chance in any of these institutes? Please do not hesistate to say 'No' if i have no chance whatsoever in these 8 NIT's. Suppose i get a call from all these 8 NIT's for M. Tech.,then please give the order of preference which i need to give to these 8 NIT's.? You mentioned in your previous reply that VJTI Mumbai is not good for M.Tech.May i know on what basis do u make that statement? Please elaborate because i am eager to apply in VJTI as well since it is in mumbai and i am a resident of mumbai. Apart from the 8 NIT's, are there any good colleges where i stand a chance to get admission for M.Tech? Hoping for a reply.

hi,

I have got a GATE Score of 472 and Rank of 5126 in EC Paper.I Plan to apply in NIT Bhopal and NIT Jaipur.Do i have any chance to get admission in these institutes for M.Tech. in electronics engg.?

How are these institutes?How are there placements?

In all, I Plan to apply in 8 NIT's which are as follows:

1. NIT Surathkal

2. NIT Trichy

3. NIT Warangal

4. NIT Calicut

5. NIT Nagpur

6. NIT Surat

7. NIT Bhopal

8. NIT Jaipur.

Please assign a rank to all these NIT's from 1 to 8(it will be helpful for me to decide) according to present scenario.Which of these 8 NIT's do i get a chance to do M. Tech. more likely?

Please say whether i have any slightest of chance in any of these institutes? Please do not hesistate to say 'No' if i have no chance whatsoever in these 8 NIT's.

Suppose i get a call from all these 8 NIT's for M. Tech.,then please give the

order of preference which i need to give to these 8 NIT's.?

You mentioned in your previous reply that VJTI Mumbai is not good for  M.Tech.May i know on what basis do u make that statement? Please elaborate because i am eager to apply in VJTI as well since it is in mumbai and i am a resident of mumbai.

Apart from the 8 NIT's, are there any good colleges where i stand a chance to get admission for M.Tech?

Hoping for a reply.

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Pramod-IIT-R
47 Points
13 years ago

Dear Mr. Prashant;

Both colleges are good but NIT jaipur is better than NIT bhopal because of location impact. there are two ways to get a admission in NIT , one by GATE score and second by written test, So if you realy want to get a admission you can do but you have to clear that test for this. Do not compare any 2008-2009 placement data. The world market was in trouble and some IIT coleege had faced that heat also. In 2009, There was not 100% placement in IIT. but in normal years, jaipur placement is better than bhopal.The order of these college are as following

1. NIT Suratkal; 2.NIT trichy; 3. NIT warangal; 4. NIT jaipur; 5. calicut, 6.nagpur, 7.Surat and then bhopal

First thing about VJTI , is this is a famous college in MUmbai (No doubt) but the name is not renowed in INDIA. outside mumbai , No body knows this. and this is not comaprable. Second thing, class teaching is not only impact your life but some other things also, like your personality, your lab experience. Only degree certificate is not enough now a days. You just thing that suppose you will do your master from VJTI, an NIT PG student will always be better candidate for a company even you will think same thing also. To get a job is good but college name impact on your growth in long term. MBA degree is availble in most of that college but why IIM have different image. Just Think. Come out from MUmabai and face the world and go in better college.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.
We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Pramod Kumar
IITR Alumni

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free