There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

I have got a GATE Score of 472 and Rank of 5126 in EC Paper.I Plan to apply in NIT Bhopal and NIT Jaipur.Do i have any chance to get admission in these institutes for M.Tech. in electronics engg.?

How are these institutes?How are there placements?

In all, I Plan to apply in 8 NIT's which are as follows:

1. NIT Surathkal

2. NIT Trichy

3. NIT Warangal

4. NIT Calicut

5. NIT Nagpur

6. NIT Surat

7. NIT Bhopal

8. NIT Jaipur.

Please assign a rank to all these NIT's from 1 to 8(it will be helpful for me to decide) according to present scenario.Which of these 8 NIT's do i get a chance to do M. Tech. more likely?

Please say whether i have any slightest of chance in any of these institutes? Please do not hesistate to say 'No' if i have no chance whatsoever in these 8 NIT's.

Suppose i get a call from all these 8 NIT's for M. Tech.,then please give the

order of preference which i need to give to these 8 NIT's.?

You mentioned in your previous reply that VJTI Mumbai is not good for  M.Tech.May i know on what basis do u make that statement? Please elaborate because i am eager to apply in VJTI as well since it is in mumbai and i am a resident of mumbai.

Apart from the 8 NIT's, are there any good colleges where i stand a chance to get admission for M.Tech?

Hoping for a reply.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Mr. Prashant;

Both colleges are good but NIT jaipur is better than NIT bhopal because of location impact. there are two ways to get a admission in NIT , one by GATE score and second by written test, So if you realy want to get a admission you can do but you have to clear that test for this. Do not compare any 2008-2009 placement data. The world market was in trouble and some IIT coleege had faced that heat also. In 2009, There was not 100% placement in IIT. but in normal years, jaipur placement is better than bhopal.The order of these college are as following

1. NIT Suratkal; 2.NIT trichy; 3. NIT warangal; 4. NIT jaipur; 5. calicut, 6.nagpur, 7.Surat and then bhopal

First thing about VJTI , is this is a famous college in MUmbai (No doubt) but the name is not renowed in INDIA. outside mumbai , No body knows this. and this is not comaprable. Second thing, class teaching is not only impact your life but some other things also, like your personality, your lab experience. Only degree certificate is not enough now a days. You just thing that suppose you will do your master from VJTI, an NIT PG student will always be better candidate for a company even you will think same thing also. To get a job is good but college name impact on your growth in long term. MBA degree is availble in most of that college but why IIM have different image. Just Think. Come out from MUmabai and face the world and go in better college.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.
We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts
Pramod Kumar
IITR Alumni

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

kindly let me know the cutoff for assam medical entrance examination 2015.
@ aakansha there is a criteria of 50 percent of the total marks decided by the dibrugarh university. i think thats the cutoff , still prev year it was that , i mean in 2015 , but not sure...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Dear Akanksha why don’t you visit the official website of the institution and get to know the cutoff, merit list and also your stature there whether you ar eable to secure a seat there or...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
is it ok to learn only the most important chapters of PCM in JEE MAIN
Hi student, It actually depends on time. If you have less time then you might want to follow this strategy. But if you have got time focus on completing all topics Thanks
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
@ xavier Yes , if u are now in class 12 th then u can , beacuse u have also to prepare for board exam . but give board exam as your frst priority , as its the one time exam , and u need 75...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
hi xavier visit
SAHIL one month ago
Propeller blades in aeroplane are 2 m long i. When propeller is rotating at 1800 rev/min, compute the tangential velocity of tip of the blade. ii. What is the tangential velocity at a point ...
Given : r 1 = 2 m, n = 1800 r.p.m = 1800 60 = 30 r.p.s Solution : i) Tangential velocity of, the tip of blade, vT1 = 2πnr.r1 = 2 × 3.14 × 30 × 2 ∴ vT1 = 376.8 m/s ii) Tangential velocity at ...
SAHIL 2 months ago
Am a medical student and preparing for AIIMS would the following books be sufficient for physics ?NCERTsAllen Notes and modulesHC Verma (only theory and solved examples)Cengage Physics by BM...
This is more than sufficient if you are doing all of them completely.You can for either cengage or DC pandey to increase your efficiency. Follow link if you want additional information....
Harsh Patodia 7 months ago
sir now i am in 10 th std studying i like to study in eng or medicam i like bio. bt i am intrested in technollogy bt my math is weak not so more. means i more in math than medium level. bt...
Dear Student, Firstly choosing eng or medical is totaly depends upon your interest. Go towards your interest even if you are slightly week in it. You can work on it and imporove them....
Vijay Mukati 6 months ago
dear friend, you may crack eng but that is depending on your interest.No one in Engineering are talented they too may also learn by practising more. Thanks
Vaishnavi 6 months ago
please do hard work atleast 3 hours for mathematics and prepare well ncert text books.thank you......
NARAYANA 6 months ago
what are the minimum & main qualities that an engineering student must have??????????/
Hello Deeraj He should attend classes without fail, he must be honest , their decisicion must be impressive, they think like genious etc..,
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
He should attend classes without fail, he must be honest , their decisicion must be impressive, they think like geniousthe engineering student must have follow the qualities first know that ...
raj 9 months ago
the ingineering student must have the good attitude towards their friends and they are regular to classes and having interest in the subject and must have good personal and communication...
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts