sir, i am very good in phy, maths, and physical chem, tomorrow 1 am going to start wth organic n inorganic .... can u kindly suggest some best and most efficient way of studyng thes two parts of chem please kindly reply with your valuable suggestions i have been coached from kota bansal from v1 batch and also kindly suggest how to study in these left 16 days

sir,

i am very good in phy, maths, and physical chem,  tomorrow 1 am going to start wth organic n inorganic .... 

can u kindly suggest some best and most efficient way of studyng thes two parts of chem

please kindly reply with your valuable suggestions 

i have been coached from kota bansal from v1 batch

and also kindly suggest how to study in these left 16 days

Grade:12

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago
Dear satish just 16 days are left so i will not suggest u any new book ,just study the same material and books which u are already following. its time of revision and prractice for speed . solve sample paper at least 1 in 2 days. and while solving the paper in which topic u are not comfortable .then revise important concept and application of those topics from ur notes do not waste your time in solving very difficult question .just refer to those problem and which are purely jee syllabus based.memorise the formulas of different topic. this is very critical moment ,engage urselef atleast 14-15 hour in a day for jee prepration . and in the last 4-5 day just solve previous 6-7 year JEE paper and practice the formulas. 'Organic Chemistry' has the highest weightage with mean marks of 36%. Topics like 'Isomerism' and 'Name Reactions', and 'Stability of reaction intermediates' should be thoroughly covered. It is easier to remember the reactions and conversions involving aromatic compounds and a considerable percentage of questions from organic chemistry are based on this part. An understanding of directive influence of substituent groups, resonance and mechanism of reactions definitely helps in cracking the problems of organic chemistry. 'Inorganic Chemistry' and 'General Chemistry' account for 21% and 10% of the total marks. Inorganic Chemistry should be prepared by studying the group properties and periodicity. Lots of emphasis has to be given to Exceptions. Questions are asked from these topics invariably. The properties of some important compounds are also asked in the form of reactions. Remembering the reactions involved in qualitative analysis is of great advantage. Questions asked in General Chemistry mostly include that from 'Stoichiometry' and 'Chemical Bonding'. Just stay calm and focus on understanding rather than mugging. Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. All the best. Regards, Askiitians Experts Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free